Pit Bike Club

Pit Bike Club (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   desktop users (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33584)

smithy2k9 07-09-2009 06:55 PM

desktop users

couple questions
what do you guys/gals think of water cooled pc's im thinking ov converting mine and modding my tower with led's and see throw parts the look really nice on the internet and i will be the first person to do it to a dell dimension 3000 i think
and also does any one recommend a good key board my school just got hp ones in and the fell so nice when u type its soft and easy on mine its a just down comment's plz :thumbs:

katoom 07-09-2009 07:02 PM

Re: desktop users

Mines water cooled:) Keeps the temps down, it's quieter and allowed me to overclock my chip further:thumbs:

smithy2k9 07-09-2009 07:03 PM

how hard is a liquid conversion

katoom 07-09-2009 07:08 PM

Not hard, just take your time, do a bit of forward planning, make sure you've got room for the components, and don't buy a cheap kit!
Only do it if you really want to because high-end air cooling is close to liquid and at a fraction of the price.

smithy2k9 07-09-2009 07:12 PM

i could consider the high tec air coolling i have an o fan and its not loud but u could cook an egg on it sometimes

is it true that dell components only work on dell towers if so il have to mod my own box to make it not and eye sore and there plenty room might make my hard drive 160gb tho iv only got 80gd which is ok but i just ran out of space and coudnt **** defrag had to delete stuff
any other thing you recomend that isnt a new proccesor etc that can help the running

katoom 07-09-2009 07:26 PM

The cpu's, hdd, dvd's etc should all be pretty universal, but Dell motherboards do tend to be a little different to the norm.
To find a cooler, you'd have to find out what socket type your cpu is, then take off your cooler and measure the hole centers in the motherboard to see if they match up with 'normal' boards.
A good cheap cooler like an Arctic freezer pro is about £20, up-to £60 for a very good cooler, then your going into the £100's for water.
If your going to spend more than £100, you might as well buy a new CPU and motherboard. (much more performance than cooling yours down):thumbs:

noisysprings 07-09-2009 07:57 PM

Mineral oil all the way!!!

katoom 07-09-2009 08:02 PM

:icon_lol: at the bubbles:thumbs:
Think the fans would burn out quickly though, trying to push the fluid.

katoom 07-09-2009 09:09 PM

A lot of PC's are quiet, but i bought a quad core chip which was notorious for running hot, and with the cooler i had, it got too loud when the fans ramped up.
I water cooled it, now it's quiet. (unless it's flat out);)

_-Ch0sen 0ne-_ 07-09-2009 09:52 PM

I switched Power Suppyl from a 450 to a 750watt and it made a hell of a difference in sound. Oh btw Water cooling is a bit fiddly, I just got heaps of fans in my case and i keep side case open + sometimes have the big room fan pointing at it!! LMFAO. Thats only for like Call of duty +:thumbs: