Pit Bike Club

Pit Bike Club (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/index.php)
-   Wanted (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   All members read please !! (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=80128)

tandy 25-04-2012 01:13 PM

All members read please !!

if you post a thread in the wanted section and are PM'd by a member saying they have exactly what you want then for god sake do some checks on the member, do they have any feedback? do they have many, if any posts on the site? have you seen them on here before??

we have had to recent instances of various members being scammed by new users with little or no posts on the site, its your money, time and effort you will be losing

if you do get contacted and you are in ANY way suspicious of the user then please contact a member of the team, we stop as many sales scammers as we can but cannot stop this if its done by PM then you come on bitching you've been had guys and girls

use some common sense and lets get rid of these chancing scumbags using our friendly and fantastic site members

James116 25-04-2012 01:45 PM

Re: All members read please !!

Also perhaps if were able to post in for sale and wanted threads other members/admins would see the interest and warn people of suspected scammers etc?

OhhSnap 25-04-2012 02:30 PM

I think the feedback is the best way to see who your dealing with however some people dont use it iv sold and bought a good few things off the forum and only been left feedback twice i dont mind leaving feed back but everyone needs to do it.:thumbs:

pitbikeingmad 25-04-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James116 (Post 776853)
Also perhaps if were able to post in for sale and wanted threads other members/admins would see the interest and warn people of suspected scammers etc?

You can post in the wanted section just not in sales i think. :thumbs:

Erm, can we also remind people that selling via PM is against the rules? And maybe if the new members looked at the rules they would see people could not sell via PM and therefore using common sence that if someone pms them and doesnt post in the thread then they obviously arn't out to sell you something... :roll:

chace 25-04-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitbikeingmad (Post 776880)
You can post in the wanted section just not in sales i think. :thumbs:

Erm, can we also remind people that selling via PM is against the rules? And maybe if the new members looked at the rules they would see people could not sell via PM and therefore using common sence that if someone pms them and doesnt post in the thread then they obviously arn't out to sell you something... :roll:

Then how can you possibly make a sell? I think you need to brush up on the rules yourself mate :icon_lol:

BlackMamba 25-04-2012 03:31 PM

Done, tnx for the info tandy :thumbs: bump

k80m_paul 25-04-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chace_110 (Post 776882)
Then how can you possibly make a sell? I think you need to brush up on the rules yourself mate :icon_lol:

if you don't have 150 posts you can still offer stuff you have by replying to wanted threads WITHIN THE THREAD, i'e not by pm as is against the rules. most of the stuff i had for sale i sold this way before i was able to put up a sales thread, and as it's all out in the open it's slightly less prone to scamming but obviously nothing is 100%

protect your self by not offering payment by paypal gifts etc.

pitbikeingmad 25-04-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chace_110 (Post 776882)

Nope, i dont need to brush up on the rules mate, you cant OFFER anything to sell via PM, once you have replied to a wanted thread, or a buyer pms a seller after seeing a for sale thread then carry on the transaction through PM.

:roll:

wayne-tzr 25-04-2012 11:27 PM

i have always said that pm's should only become active when you hit the 150 post count. i surgested this idea lat year and i still think it would work well

pitbikeingmad 25-04-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayne-tzr (Post 777084)
i have always said that pm's should only become active when you hit the 150 post count. i surgested this idea lat year and i still think it would work well

I agree to some extent here, however if someone wanted to buy something then they would have to get 150 posts which could creat spamming, however, maybe there could be a way around this if someone has under 150 posts and wish to buy something?

Law