Pit Bike Club

Pit Bike Club (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   selling to over sea's buyers (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56212)

teapot 20-09-2010 02:21 PM

selling to over sea's buyers

i've got people in italy and the czech republic asking if i'd box the reeg up to send abroad. whats the best way to keep myself and the money for the bike safe if i sold to an international buyer?

cheers

G.Y.M 20-09-2010 02:30 PM

Re: selling to over sea's buyers

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 573497)
i've got people in italy and the czech republic asking if i'd box the reeg up to send abroad. whats the best way to keep myself and the money for the bike safe if i sold to an international buyer?

cheers

Safest way is to open up a second bank account (same card etc just a different holding account). Get the money paid into there, then withdraw it in cash, then post the bike. Cheques, paypal, bank transferes can all be revsersed/bounced. If you have it in your pocket in cash it cant get taken back.

themountain 20-09-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.Y.M (Post 573502)
If you have it in your pocket in cash it cant get taken back.

:roll: Well...some people from Italy can make that happen too:icon_lol::icon_lol:

teapot 20-09-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.Y.M (Post 573502)
Safest way is to open up a second bank account (same card etc just a different holding account). Get the money paid into there, then withdraw it in cash, then post the bike. Cheques, paypal, bank transferes can all be revsersed/bounced. If you have it in your pocket in cash it cant get taken back.

see thats all a bit too much hassle with the amount of people watching the bike, paypal isnt 100% safe these days is it? even if i hold the bike until the money is cleared into my bank account?

physco_nutcase_danny 20-09-2010 02:44 PM

italy is notorious for scams.alot of ebay sellers will not post to italy.i wouldnt bother,keep the beast in the uk.:thumbs:

teapot 20-09-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by physco_nutcase_danny (Post 573509)
italy is notorious for scams.alot of ebay sellers will not post to italy.i wouldnt bother,keep the beast in the uk.:thumbs:

nice one, its the fact that if it stays in the uk at least its within driving distance to turn up at their door. bit further to go abroad.

cheers for the info

physco_nutcase_danny 20-09-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 573510)
nice one, its the fact that if it stays in the uk at least its within driving distance to turn up at their door. bit further to go abroad.

cheers for the info

personally i dont post abroad myself only uk.just not worth the hassle specially if its an expensive item.i just wouldnt risk it.also stay away from nigeria.:thumbs:

teapot 20-09-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by physco_nutcase_danny (Post 573512)
personally i dont post abroad myself only uk.just not worth the hassle specially if its an expensive item.i just wouldnt risk it.also stay away from nigeria.:thumbs:

this is your baaaaaaaank :icon_lol:

yeah if it was only a tenners worth then fine but not my pride and joy :thumbs:

howlin 20-09-2010 03:23 PM

road trip :icon_lol:
you get the cash they get the bike and you get a holiday aswell :thumbs: