Pit Bike Club

Pit Bike Club (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/index.php)
-   The Workshop (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Pit bike backfiring!! (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23678)

burbling1 16-04-2009 09:11 PM

Re: Pit bike backfiring!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by spam up (Post 258108)
soooooooo....... i stil got no idea which is the mixture and which is the timin lol

You will have 2 adjustment screws on your carb 1 will be for idle and 1 for the mixture. If you can can only see 1 on the side of the carb that will be the idle and the other (mixture) will be underneath. If so remove the carb and unscrew it 1/4 of a turn, refit the carb and see if its better.

If you have 2 on the side of the carb start the bike up and then turn one of them taking note of of how far you turn itif it increases or decreases your revs then this is the idle screw if not its the mixture.

Hope this helps.

spam up 16-04-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burbling1 (Post 258256)
You will have 2 adjustment screws on your carb 1 will be for idle and 1 for the mixture. If you can can only see 1 on the side of the carb that will be the idle and the other (mixture) will be underneath. If so remove the carb and unscrew it 1/4 of a turn, refit the carb and see if its better.

If you have 2 on the side of the carb start the bike up and then turn one of them taking note of of how far you turn itif it increases or decreases your revs then this is the idle screw if not its the mixture.

Hope this helps.

yea there is only one screw on the side

if u dont mind i will take a photo of it tomorro and u can tell me which one then please

TiMbO17932 29-04-2009 10:31 AM

I have a 90cee cee thumpstar that keeps backfiring!:banghead: which way do i turn the carb screw? and how far do i turn it?

dale_brah 29-04-2009 11:22 AM

Some carb have them on side, and some are underneath

The normal adjustment i kno of is
turn in all the way then out 2 full turns,the idle screw should have a spring on it

the carb wich has 1 screw should have it underneath unless the idle screw fell out leaving 1 screw LOL

Sorry if didnt make sense :damnit:

kawasaki evo 14-01-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evopitbike (Post 256745)
Idle srew WTF no mixture srew .... back fire is normally jew to... too much fuel left over

i doubt you know anythong about pit bike minr had got yz 250 dust caps

JordyRoo 14-01-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawasaki evo (Post 845499)
i doubt you know anythong about pit bike minr had got yz 250 dust caps

dude you read the age of the thread?? :banghead:

tricky85 15-01-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordyRoo (Post 845500)
dude you read the age of the thread?? :banghead:

Lol 4 years ago :icon_lol::icon_lol: