Pit Bike Club

Pit Bike Club (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/index.php)
-   The Workshop (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Discussion about forks (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70802)

binge 01-08-2011 07:36 PM

Discussion about forks

Hi Guys,

This thread isnt aimed to start an argument, or even a debate. As I know sellers who supply all 3 makes of forks.

What I am looking for, is some input, from genuine OWNERS, who can highlight the differences between the following:

Marzocchi Shiver (35s I think)
SP Forks
DNM Hornets

Now I know with the Fastace forks, the AS01/AS02/AS03 forks all suited different riding styles. Some for MX, some for SM.

With the above 3 sets of forks, it is clear they are all based around the same design, which is what the KTM SX65 is fitted with, just a non adjustable version of them.

Guessing the Genuine Marzocchis are the best of the bunch, what is the deal with the DNM and SP forks?
Both fully adjustable, both run the same brake caliper mount, both share the same axle arrangement.
So which are the "better quality", Which are more suited to MX, Which are more suited to SM?

Can anybody give any genuine reviews of both sets of forks?

Cheers,

Ben

dayne#114 01-08-2011 07:41 PM

Re: Discussion about forks

Never used either only once or twice when rode me old mans bikes i'n the past !
If you get zochhi give me a shout I can give you set up and believe it or not brand new zochhi need re adjusting !!

pitbikeingmad 01-08-2011 07:43 PM

Ben you'v riden the midsize with the zochies, yeah they are "licensed" ones but if there licensed still genuine?? Very smooth, if im honest its all todo with the way they are set up. But hear alot of the SM lads getting SP forks? maybe someone could shed some light on the SP forks??

Law

dayne#114 01-08-2011 07:50 PM

Tell a lie I used them i'n Spain there pritty good but they do de adjust themselves lmfao

smify06 01-08-2011 07:52 PM

I have only used my sp's on mx but there as smooth as a baby bottom don't bottom out and easy to adjust, for £150 don't think you going to get better for that price!!

Dan

bigs#8 01-08-2011 09:43 PM

marzocchi's nuf said:thumbs:

englishjenny 01-08-2011 10:13 PM

i've gone from sp forks to mazocchi's recently,
for around the £100 range sp are bang on, mine took alot of abuse, and never failed me, soaked up all the jumps, handled all surfaces and i had them set up by tillits to get the best out of them off road

mazocchi's are more expensive but really worth it, it was a weird sensation at first as even doing big jumps i could barely feel the landing, it was so smooth, and my arm pump has improved dramatically as i'm not holding on as tight, and they came with harder springs if i wanted to change the ones in it, i am eventually going to take them to tillets to get them and rear shock set up properly for me

i'm not sure what kind of forks you need for sm but for off road and especially hard pack, jumps, wooops etc sp are more than good enough an if i hadn't got a good deal on some zocchi's i would have been happy to keep them, but if you want that little bit extra comfort to ensure a smoother ride, an can stretch your budget i'd go mazzochis:thumbs:

teapot 01-08-2011 11:14 PM

quality of genuine marzocchi 35's are far superior to the others, obviously. hold their value, work better and generally easier to use and work on....

**Disclaimer** i am in no way shape or from slating SP's or hornets. but genuine zokes win hands down. the extra for a used set over new ch*nk is well worth it

josh m c 02-08-2011 06:34 PM

i have non adjustable licensed marzocchis on my pit, they are soo, soo good compared to stock, like jenny said, have to check to see if youve landed a jump or not :icon_lol:

mart35 02-08-2011 09:07 PM

I've ridden all three for supermoto, I rate Marzocchi's & SP's to be similar in weight & excellent performance, the DNM's offer excellent performance but are a fair bit heavier than the other two.