Pit Bike Club

Pit Bike Club (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/index.php)
-   The Workshop (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   magneto problem (https://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2596)

bandogge 07-03-2007 02:15 AM

magneto problem

can anyone help with this problem at the wkend my sons m8 lost his chain which smashed the caseing and damaged the magneto back plate on his bulldog 125 pit bike are these interchangeable betwen 125 4 stroke pit bikes or is it a preston only part all posts greatfully recieved.

JBlythe 07-03-2007 04:25 PM

Re: magneto problem

If you mean can you buy a standard stator plate off ebay - the answer is yes you can.

My advice before you buy a new stator and engine casing though would be to buy a heavy duty chain as the stock ones snap and stretch very easily. The best ones to get are renthal r1's or IRIS.

This goes to all who still have the stock chain, as in the long run, after that snaps not only do you have the cost of the chain but also the smashed casing and stator which comes to around 60 quid altogether minimum.

foxy 07-03-2007 04:28 PM

some good information there mate, for my 110, how many links should the heavy duty chain be

im trying to find a heavy duty chain like the one you said on ebay

JBlythe 07-03-2007 04:30 PM

Well all chains are different mate, the best way to find how many links is to count how many are on the stock one. Then you will get the exact fit as factory standard and it won't end up too big or too small.

foxy 07-03-2007 04:31 PM

okays cheeeeeers mate!!

:thumbs:

Despise 08-03-2007 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy (Post 18312)
some good information there mate, for my 110, how many links should the heavy duty chain be

im trying to find a heavy duty chain like the one you said on ebay

IRIS RX RACING chains, one of the best chains you can get, mine came with 98 links and a split link (428 pitch) so all i had to do is make the chain the right length.

bandogge 08-03-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBlythe (Post 18309)
If you mean can you buy a standard stator plate off ebay - the answer is yes you can.

My advice before you buy a new stator and engine casing though would be to buy a heavy duty chain as the stock ones snap and stretch very easily. The best ones to get are renthal r1's or IRIS.

This goes to all who still have the stock chain, as in the long run, after that snaps not only do you have the cost of the chain but also the smashed casing and stator which comes to around 60 quid altogether minimum.

Thanks very much for the info however i have now sorted the problem with the plate and milled one out at work and made it a little more on the heavy duty side and i will take your advice and invest in a better chain at the wkend that should sort it perminantly.

foxy 08-03-2007 10:15 PM

thank you for info

i am going to invest in a new chain now! :thumbs:

JBlythe 09-03-2007 01:45 AM

Pleased to help - if you need more help, drop me a pm or add me on msn.