View Single Post
Old 26-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
MattBrown

Bike: Demon x 125
Re: Fancy writing an article on pit bikes?

Threw this together whilst perving on girls aloud

What do you want from your bike??
*Race?
*Toy?
*Field?
What age are you?
5?
20?
80?
What is your budget?
£150?
£2500?

Well, it doesn't matter, as the hobby of pitbikes can be adapted to any age, budgets, and play times.
If your getting a pitbike, the first thing to note is to ride one on the road, you must be old enough, have a valid liscince, and the bike must be taxed, insured, and mot'd.
If your planning on riding offroad, this means privately owned land, with the owners permission, and riding in a non anti-social manner I,E on a 20 acre field, and riding next to someones house!!
In general pitbikes got a very bad press off the news, but are actually an excellent way of introducing kids into bikes, and lets face it, most kids these days cant tell a 10mm spanner, from a 3/16th socket! Which in its self is a discrace, but thats another story.
Putting it simply, if your child is after a pitbike, go for the "best you can afford" Meaning, get a nice bike, with some decent safety gear.
I seem to adore my demon x, however, Stomp, Demon X, Thumpstar, Honda CRF range, x sport, monstermoto and BBR and im sure several others are very good.
The other advantage of a pitbike, is bits are very cheap, ranging from cheap chineese bits, upto full £4000 bikes.
Tools needed are very simple, a small socket set, scredrivers, and spanners will allow for basic maintainance.
Pitbike club are very welcoming, and have a good wealth of knowledge, with a comprehensive list of tracks and riding places in the uk.
MattBrown is offline   Reply With Quote