View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
karlos28

Bike: a funky lil 125
Re: Bike carbed Mercedes 190e swap

It has had a recent head gasket done with new head bolts about 3k ago
It has had the bike carb conversion with keihin cvk carbs and a bogg bros manifold and facet low pressure fuel pump. Since the conversion the car has been amazing, more power and a noticable diffrence in mpg (up to 30 ish as a pose to 25 on the standard injection!) I took it up to bogg bros to have them properly set up but I had it pretty much spot on.

the air filter cost 100 alone! and is cleanable (i have proper cleaning kit) so you will never need a new one.
it cost about 500 to do the conversion alone.
I have changed the gear linkage bushes so the shift feels good again
I have done the metal thermostat housing upgrade (a must on all older mercs as the platic ones can crack throwing all of your water out. this cot £70 i think i have the MB recipt)
A different cam, fitted when the head gasket was done (not very severe lift or duration, only a soft diffrence, standard one is included)

choke installed, only ever needs to be pulled when first starting. once started, stick it back in and its fine.
changed the heater blower motor just before xmas

full new injection system (spark plugs, ht leads, dizzy and rotor arm)
I have loads of spare wheels some steel, some 15" standard alloys and a set of nice 17s (see pics) which are half refurbed .
it has a tracker with can bring insurance down, or can be used with a company called 'cover box' who do a pay per mile scheme which i am on and has worked out really well. i can tell you more if youd like to kno.
i have the full injection system still if you would like to refit with pump and everyithing. i have changed the oil and filter 3 times since iv owned it.
There is no rust on this car what so ever, the only bits I have seen are on a couple of scratches which is easily fixed, iv just not got round to it.
I also have a spare 16v steering box which I hanvt got round to fitting yet also. And I have a brand new clutch and bearing also not fitted. The current clutch isn't going at all tho, bites really strong.
It has done 97000 I think now. I have put about 12000 on but it is all motorway miles (glossop to deeside everyday near enough!)

the wheels in the pics aren't on the car at the mo because it is winter, they are very rare Kestkin K6's and are half refurbed at the mo, just need the centers painting. the lips are all polished up they will not come with the car, but are available for 200 quid.

it has MOT till September and tax till june.

i love the car, just after a landy to get out on some green lanes with my mates!
karlos28 is offline   Reply With Quote