View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #8
gaz

Bike: Rampage Gen 2 125cc
Re: Mikuni Carb Mixture Setup

Right for anyone who's interested i've almost sorted out the mixture, I found this to be of great help

http://www.ooracing.com/tuningTips.htm

Read about jetting

For anyone who is having problems read on;

I screwed the mixture all the way in, out one and a half turns and it was setteling on a high idle and not very "snappy" meaning its lean, I screwed it out a further quarter of a turn making 1 and 3/4 turns out, this was better but still setteling on a high idle so I turned it another quarter making it 2 turns out, this was alot better, snappy and responsive and setteling on a slightly higher idle only just. Meaning this is still lean but its now down to 1/8 adjustments.

Take in mind that every adjustment ment the carb had to come off a hot engine, and then put back on again.
For anyone who's worked with these mikuni carbs and on pitbike/bikes will understand the amount of times I got burnt lol

So for a 26mm mikuni carb on a loncin 125cc engine, i'd set 2 turns out a baseline the rest is personal preferance

Cheers for the replies everyone

jthump I thought it ment it was too rich because theres too much fuel making it pop and stuff but I thought i'd only turned it out one turn or so. Thats when I thought im going to start this all over and do it properly lol
gaz is offline   Reply With Quote