Thread: Kinroad XT 50 Q
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #23
Beekman

Bike: Zongshen 125
Re: Kinroad XT 50 Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlythe View Post
The big difference between a 125 and a 50 in these road conditions is the torque levels. Max speed is only 5-10mph different. But these 125s are ridiculously quick off the line.

Id also keep legal, get a good ground for road riding on a smaller engine and just top up all aspects of bike keeping. Not the easiest of bikes to maintain, but its sure not the hardest.

Don't be scared to have a tinker.

If you are going down the route of derestricting this, the restrictions will be in the carb and/or air filter and the exhaust will have the same diameter as a drinking straw. Other than that, I dont think there would be any other.. the CDI wont be restricted although some claim they are. If it has an E22 head, your winning!

Enjoy!
Did have a tinker with it today, the manifold was big enough for a bigger carb and just that change makes the bike rev alot more and now runs perfectly, i found the restrictor in the exhaust which i was expecting a washer but instead they just welded it smaller... now to take the restrictor out and hopefully i can get about 40mph or a bit more. Im aiming to look after it for a year and they selling or maybe add a 125
Beekman is offline   Reply With Quote