View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #21
spexx
Super King

Bike: Honda Cub 70
Talking Re: My new Girl...cub 90

Quick update as i've built the bike back up to rideable condition lol. Need to fabricate a headlight mount as the headlight is currently facing up, surely get stopped for that lol.

Now I Need a cg125 swing arm to lengthen the bike for the right look.

Headlight also facing a bit to the left so definatley need a proper mount.
Indicators bolted to frame were legshield used to be.

Going to try and mount the reg over the rear wheel like normal, or might make a seat with a back rest and bolt the reg plate on the seat rest.

Smiths speedo fitted straight on my current speedo cable. But need to change the speedo gearing to the original cub gearing to get a more accurate speed reading. Its currently reading 3:1 ratio. When it says you doing 60 you really doing 20...120mph you really doing 40 Or might fit a kmh to mph converter as i believe that slows your speedo reading down.

The oil cooler scratched the paint when i refitted it, putting a Rasta Lion viny on there anyway. Cobra Snake vinyls in the post too for the side of the frame.

Handlebars getting repainted in a bit, i didnt prepare them for paint properly the 1st time. Also designing/making a chopper seat now aswell.
Still a long way to go and am happy to ride it like this for the summer. Then winter time getting stripped again, re-painted etc and do it properly. For now its all about riding as am doing my cbt on thursday
spexx is offline   Reply With Quote