Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 27-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Millband
Senior

Bike: Stomp rd legal
Electrics

Please sum1 give me sum advice as I feel I'm Beeing taken for a **** my road legal shineray has a fault with electrics bike shop has had it 6 weeks now and promised me on Tuesday it will be ready Yesterday he was that confident he said if it wasn't ready he would have to start paying me but his response today is my headlight don't work with the loom original shineray headlight new and shineray loom and I've got no live feed from the front to the back and I'd be better of buyin a new loom I didn't agree the loom was checked last year wen another dodgy machanic from cov fitted five wire stator to my old yx140 engine I carnt see how it's ****ed but now he's going to get sum1 else to do th work over th weekend if u can give me sum advice please
Millband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Millband
Senior

Re: Electrics

My loom was working fine all I did was cut all the zip ties to remove loom from frame upto headstock didn't disconnect anythink put them in the black bag u can see in pic then taped it upto forks removed frame bye taking top clamp of then after a painting frame put loom back on connected battery somethink smoked on the loom then nothink worked I thought was just earthing problem wht do use suggest buy new loom but were do u get them or leave the plonker do do it or just take bike back with refund as I've already paid him no one else in cov will touch pit bikes so I'm stuck
Old 27-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
Matt_Pierce
Track Master

Bike: yx140 Crf50 SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millband View Post

My loom was working fine all I did was cut all the zip ties to remove loom from frame upto headstock didn't disconnect anythink put them in the black bag u can see in pic then taped it upto forks removed frame bye taking top clamp of then after a painting frame put loom back on connected battery somethink smoked on the loom then nothink worked I thought was just earthing problem wht do use suggest buy new loom but were do u get them or leave the plonker do do it or just take bike back with refund as I've already paid him no one else in cov will touch pit bikes so I'm stuck
Things start smoking when the live and the neutral feeds touch, but that should just blow a fuse... check you fuses before you changing the loom mate, might be something simple.

check the wiring loom to see if any of the wires have perished, or got hot
Matt_Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
Millband
Senior

The bike shop have still got my bike mate I'm thinking get it back but need sum help to sort it out or sum werewho sell them new surely machanic can sort it
Old 27-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
10antsrees10
Super King

Bike: K-lxr 155

I'm a mechanic mate and i'v worked on loads of bikes including pit bikes. There is hardly nothing to the loom mate best thing you can do is get it back and ask him where the fault it. Check the wires for contanuity and physically check each wire to make sure none are split and earthing out and go from there mate
10antsrees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
Millband
Senior

I wish I had sum1 like u who could ring about my loom as I've just been fobbed off think he's just feeding me aload of bull **** I carnt seem to get straight answer from him and really don't wanna get my bike back I'm useless got no knowledge of electrics at all and would probally make it worse I've phoned around and carnt get anyone else to even look at it wish I knew but u saying it should be easy fix for sum1 who knows wht there doing if anyone got a loom or knows we're to buy 1
Old 27-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Despise
superpit1337

Bike: CRF70/CRF50base

chances are, if there is something wrong with your loom, there so cheap to buy, you may as well buy a new one and if you find you dont need it, sell it on.

If I had any spare time I could have a look at it for you, for a beer. probably not for another few weeks that I will have any time
Despise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
Millband
Senior

Yh would of defo sorted you out aswell mate any idea were I can find a loom need 1 ASAP as my bikes been off the road for ages I'm worried now cause he's passing my bike on to his mate to fix it so why on earth was he looking at it if he ain't got a clue it's prising me off now I've through loads of money on the bike and running no lights aint an option seems like machanics take pissout of me last year had problem powering my lights 3 stators later and Ł140 was sorted
Old 27-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
10antsrees10
Super King

Bike: K-lxr 155

if you were closer mate id come take a look at it for you. would say just send your loom but pointless me having it without the bike to test plus im up to my eye balls in other peoples work at the moment haha goto rebuild my mates outboard engine for his boat tomorrow ha oh what fun.! need to get my build sorted as well as not being able to ride is killing me ha. you just need to find a decent streight forward mechanic not some cowboy botcher
10antsrees10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #10
Ollie Shineray 50
PBC Veteran

Bike: Road legal pit

Diy
Ollie Shineray 50 is offline   Reply With Quote