Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Club General > Off Topic Discussion > Introductions

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Hi all, new here bit of intro. Im scott, not new to pitbikes but been out of the bike mix for last 10 years. Recently...
  • Hi
    Hi new member south wales...
  • New to it all looking for places to ride in Steven...
    Hi everyone I’m new to pit biking and hoping for some guidance around places to practice I am near Knebworth side of...

Old 26-05-2018, 12:42 AM   #1
Reynolds99
Novice

Bike: 2011 z140 Stomp
Tappet/timing noise

Recently I installed a new head cylinder, nothing special. Not skimmed or anything, just new as the previous one cracked. After installing I noticed a tapping noise and immediately presumed I must have set the timing incorrectly. Nope, timing is fine. The tappets have been adjusted properly 4thou and 4thou respectfully. The flywheel was positioned at tdc and the valves were closed as they should be. No damage has happened to any components. I even installed a new woodruff key incase the flywheel was slipping.

The only changes I have made that could have impacted the bike is swapping the stock cam and springs for tbe previous cam and springs because it's a z40 cam. Also, the cam is slightly loose in the head so might be impacting the performance. Apart from that, I've tightened the cam chain and still no change, i've taken it off and on so many times, I'm at a loss and just want to ride my bike.

Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated, cheers
Reynolds99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #2
Brucey
Ex-State House Admin

Bike: None!
Hi Reynolds99 and welcome to Pit Bike Club!
Brucey is offline   Reply With Quote