Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Meetings/Tracks

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 10-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #51
JordyRoo
PBC Legend

Bike: CR250 & KLX195
Re: Toms Farm - Wales

tom is dead but word on the street is that its been taken over, on the hush hush. only one way to find out! besides, whod catch you anyway just park past the car park & youll be sound!
JordyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #52
jayp79
Novice

Bike: yz
Exclamation Re: Toms Farm - Wales

Went 2 toms on weekend. It was closed but we still camped , the police come and let us camp aslong as we didnt leave a mess! The gate is locked at the end of road but easy 2 get around. No way of getting jeep past! We got honda fourtrax around it no problem! And at the top of the road 2 toms there are 3 large concrete slabs covering gate! Still no problem we got 3 bikes and quad around them and lifted gate from hinges!! I hav pics but dont no how 2 upload??
jayp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #53
Tappety Tom
Wheelie King

Bike: Crf110

Asif u went we all said it was closed
Tappety Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #54
JordyRoo
PBC Legend

Bike: CR250 & KLX195

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp79 View Post
Went 2 toms on weekend. It was closed but we still camped , the police come and let us camp aslong as we didnt leave a mess! The gate is locked at the end of road but easy 2 get around. No way of getting jeep past! We got honda fourtrax around it no problem! And at the top of the road 2 toms there are 3 large concrete slabs covering gate! Still no problem we got 3 bikes and quad around them and lifted gate from hinges!! I hav pics but dont no how 2 upload??
fair play, upload the pics to photobucket then post the [IMG] codes.
JordyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #55
steve--
Novice

Bike: CR500AF 08-86

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.I.M View Post
Yeh, been a few times, got a few tips:

1.) Always ring first, Tom has lots of problems running the place, and its supposdly been shut down several times and lots of rumours about it being closed etc, everytime ive been its been open but ring first.

2.) dont camp or use the caravans - go to a b+b

3.) take a mobile phone - its alot of land and if you fall off/break down you will need to call someone out.

4.) its a bit of a free for all, so watch out for 4x4s, quads, kids with no helmets on scooters etc.

5.) if your taking a pit bike, get some decent tyres and take lots of energy drinks/bars, its a great place but alot of hills, ruts, bumps, marshes etc so you will find yourself needing to ride quite hard in places and possibly getting stuck (also take some tools/spares - you dont want to break down too far away from the car)
Being from the United States, it's hard for me to imagine having such limited riding options as you guys do there. Being the riding enthusiast I am, I'm pretty sure l'd feel like I was in prison if I lived over there. I'm just used to riding so freely here. It's not uncommon for a group of us to ride 150 miles of forrest trails in a day, never seeing a house or any other type of structure of any kind. There are several places around here to ride like that. All within an hour or so drive from the city I live in (Portland, Oregon. Population, 2,260,000). It's like this throughout most of the U.S. Also, for trail riding, bikes here are not required to be street legal either. There is no noise limitations, and no requirement for lights or a license plate.

Being confined to only 600 acres just wouldn't cut it. It would feel like being stuck riding in someone's backyard. And the very limited freedom you get with green lane riding would take a lot of the fun out of that as well.

I'd like to see some more area freed up for you guys to ride, and just some more freedom in riding for you in general. I see there's at least a couple of groups campaigning for this, but even the maximum potential seems very limited. However, I hope it works out nevertheless.
steve-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #56
StompBen
Training

Bike: Stomp 140cc x

Thanks for this definitely going to look at going there some time soon!! im a new rider but whats the harm in jumping in at the deep end
StompBen is offline   Reply With Quote