Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Projects

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Husky
PBC Veteran

Bike: Custom "Masai"
Custom Road Legal Build.

I started a custom road legal build about 3 months ago & have progressed really far since the 1st version

First things i bought were frame, plastic, shock, bars & mag wheels

Forks arrived but they were for a 5.5" headstock & mine is 6.25", so i had to bit of modding to make them fit. i already had a set of forks for a 6.25" headstock but the yokes were bent so i removed the 6.5" headstock bolt from the bent yokes and removed the headstock bolt from the fastace yokes & put the 6.5" bolt into the fastace forks, it didnt fit as well as i'd expected but it will do for the time being until i can have a longer one machined for them.

Finally got them to fit properly

These forks are fooking beautiful! but they are a bit to soft and spongy for SM/ Road use so may have to add a little oil to stiffen them up!

Heres the only problem with them now, on the headstock bolt i have fitted the is a 0.5mm step and the bottom of the bolt which is not allowing the bearing to fully go down the bolt so thats why im having a longer stem bolt made up using the original fastace one as reference.

Now fitted front brake which is a really tight fit! you have to kind of shimmy the disk over when its on the wheel on the forks and slip the brake in and then align this disk back up and bolt it back on & also trial fitted the mags ... anyway more pics!

& just ordered my 140 engine from stomp

Its going to be one sexy little bugger XD

Tank & foot pegs & pegbar came through , trial fitted the tank and tank shrouds.

also a mock up of the headlight.

Got the engine through and some other bits and bobs

Update:

Bought and fitted an OORacing x11 exhaust

been quite busy spending money just recently :P

spec as follows:

Cradle frame
Fastace forks
Fastace shock
YX140 engine
Mag wheels
Wirtz bars
Wirtz 1/4 turn throttle
White crf plastics
OOR fast road ignition & lighting kit
Wavy disks
Uprated rear brake
Maxxis scooter tyres (front doesn't fit)
OOR x11 exhaust

cant think of anything else!

just need a rear sprocket & chain to complete the build

picsssss

little bit of an update, for the last few weeks i have been tinkering with it, trying to get it running but no luck so i have finally give in and its going to my mates bike shop to have the carb all sorted and get it running o.k

another update

my roll of exhaust wrap came today and i have just finished doing it i have wrapped it because i had burned my trousers on it and it looked awful plus it was melting my plastics..

pics

Big roll cost me £18 XD

Unwrapped

Wrapped

Can on

All finished

this is where it was burning the plastics..

Change of plans means i have had to sell the oor exhaust, mikuni carb, fastace forks & engine.

UPDATE!!

got some stuff through today off binge and smithy

swapped over to the klx frame, zokes.. Looks way better than crf! anyway pics!

to my amazement the brembo was a direct fit to the forks! well with a bit of spacing (washers are temporary until i can find some proper sized wasers / spacers)

check the clearance though .. will need a bigger disk on there to get the best results

as you can see the back end is very low and looked silly so i put the billet swingarm on with the raised shock mount.

Some more progress got the billet swing arm on with the higher shock mount so it now sits perfectly. spaced the wheels out properly although the rear needs to go to the right by about 2-4mm no biggie just need to move the washers.. also wrapped the stomp exhaust.. was fiddling with the carb a bit and started the bike without choke for a few mins and the plug is a nice tanned/ coffee colour.. still need to bleed the front brake and stick a brake light on it. oh and also done all the wiring...

pics :P

also got the brembo spaced out correctly now.

Got my number plate and brake light mounted up properly today and took it for a spin, as soon as i filled up with petrol it started raining and i didnt have my waterproofs on so i got drenched! was fun though, went down by an old dis-used industrial estate to do some wheelies and what not and theres a little green lane track leading up to a big park of some sort had a little blast up there too

pics.

you may have noticed the gaffer tape on the seat, its a crf seat modded to sit on the klx frame its just temporary until my new seat comes from stomp and i didnt fancy waiting another couple of days to take it out for a spin

its been a while since the last update so i though i'd let you see how its going my insurance run out last week so its now off the road in bits.

2 weeks ago i bought binges teezer frame, ktm forks, exhaust & some other bits.

ive got rid of the engine & my old crf frame and plastics & some other bits and bobs.

the other day i got everything swapped over onto the teezer frame & ive just bought an engine and carb for £120 & the bloke is bringing it to me next week

im currently working on fitting a brembo rear master onto the GZXR sets (brake is of an R1) the bottom mount fits perfect but will have to make a small bracket for the top mound as its about 20mm higher and offset by 20mm or so, when its fitted properly i will be fitting a scooter rear brake under the clutch as a stunt brake and have it run to the rear master with a special adapter its £35 but its alot easier than welding it to the res!

how it currently sits

also there is no rear fender because i flipped it coming up my drive (quite steep) it ripped the fucker off and snapped the plate

also other mods i may be considering:

twinpot brembo on the rear (same as front)
ASV F3 levers
electronic powervalve on the TZR engine.
TT92's
intake porting on the tzr.
and a lot more i cant suddenly think of (or have seen on ebay )

Update**

got my 220mm disk from OOR today! the disk i originally had fitted was a 210mm wavy disk & it was only catching about 1/4 of the pads & was flexing under heavy breaking.

New disk is big!

The straight mount you can see is a a rough one made of ally, i will be getting some 1/8" steel plate to make a proper one....

also as a bonus i got a nice package from artscow

i have 2 engines on their way to me now so its only a matter of time

****Update!!****

got my genuine ASV F3 levers today £50 from dirtbikebitz Feckin bargain!

ohhh they are soo purrdy!

Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Stomp110:)
The Stig

Bike: YZF250
Re: Custom Road Legal Build.

Looks amazingg mate, keep it up with building them
Stomp110:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #3
Husky
PBC Veteran

Bike: Custom "Masai"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp110:) View Post
Looks amazingg mate, keep it up with building them
Roger that ive got another TZR engine coming next week & i have a spare frame so might be doing another one..
Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2016, 02:02 AM   #4
Kesti808
Novice

Bike: pit bike
Build looks great!

Where did you happen to get the mag wheels? And what are the sizes? I am trying to convert my 17/14 125cc pit and would like to keep the 14 inch rear and 17 inch front wheels.

Thanks!
Kesti808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 10:56 AM   #5
richardolga
Novice

Great information, thanks for sharing
richardolga is offline   Reply With Quote