Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Reviews

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 07-09-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
deadsoulja
Novice

WPB Race 140 Review

Ok this is my opinion of the WPB Race 140. Ive compared this bike to my other bike a CRF70 Z40. It will be a full review, well worth reading if you are considering purchasing this bike or any of the WPB race series.

First glance the bike looks real nice and you do notice the height and length difference between the CRF70. But after stripping the bike and removing the engine, plastics, handlebars and seat. I noticed some differences in the build quality. And some quirky design features which have me puzzled.

Wheels - 14/17 good quality. Wheel spacers different from old CRF70.
Tyres - Much better than the older ones. Better grip all over.
Forks - A tad longer than the common 735mm. Look good, seem well made.
Triple clamps - Alloy but not as nice as some alloy cnc ones you can buy.
Handlebars - Look stronger than the CRF70 stock. But need upgrading.
Grips - Same old crappy grey ones.
Plastics - Flimsy, Dont seem as rigid. But look good. And sweeping.
Rear shock - No piggyback but is still Nitrogen filled . Looks well made.
Kick Start - Cheapo needs a KTM style. Upgrade needed.
Gear Pedal - This is cheap looking like the kick start.
Brakes - HSK Race. Front brake Twin Pot. rear brake single Pot.

Fuel Cap - Cheap plastic. Wheres the CNC cap gone??
Spark Plug - NGK
Spark Cap - Cheapo. Get NGK
CDI - Standard
The Swingarm - Is ODD. Total redesign. It has brackets on it for the engine to mount onto?!?!?. The bolt doesnt bolt into the frame like the CRF70. They say its longer but i compared it to a CRF70 stock swingarm and its only a few mill longer than stock. The rear shock mount is further down giving you less space. I dont like the design.

Build Quality - Its pretty bad in places. Welds are sloppy along with the paint job in places. Brake pedal and swingarm finish isnt too good.

Overall - Its worth the money but if youre like me theres a few things to change. The bike is obviously heavier than the CRF70 but not a great deal heavier.
The engine of course is the new gen YX engines which are rock solid. It will be good bike once ive changed a few things to my liking.

A few cheap upgrades - Grips, Motul Engine oil, NGK HT lead and UNI air filter. Also use premium fuel. Just these few things will make you bike more responsive. You will notice the difference.

PROJECT BIKE - This RACE140 is a project. I will be doing a separate post on this. I have many parts for sale from this new bike including the engine.

I hope this has some good info for you guys.
deadsoulja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
Rickwales
Super King

Bike: stomp
Re: WPB Race 140 Review

The race is a crf 110 size frame and comes with 14/17 wheels so will be a bit bigger anyway, what make was your crf70. It's probably made in same factories in China, there are a couple of generic designs . The Race has same wide frame as my 2016 Stomp. But there are also a lot of the narrower spine type frames that are mass produced to. As you say the yx140 is the same the world over really. I looked into the wpb range last year but the big wheel bikes are illegal for racing and did a bit more research and got my Stomp. I attended one of the mini bike champs races and one of the guys there had a basic stomp like mine in the back of his van and he pointed out that it's worth having a spare bike no matter what it's like just so you can keep racing if your race bike breaks down so I bought the stomp firstly to see if I still had any ability to ride after 26 years without a motorbike and secondly it is a reasonable bike to have as a spare as when I get to go racing I plan to get a lot better bike
Rickwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:23 AM   #3
deadsoulja
Novice

Yeah im aware its a CRF110 frame I just think the build quality was much better on my WPB140 z40. The Z40 ive had since 2012 no issues great bike. The race140 has been stripped for a custom build. What stomp you got? I got a KX85 and a YZ125 too. We have our own track so we ride what we want

P.S I doubt very much your stomp has the same frame as the race140. Similar but not the same.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #4
Rickwales
Super King

I have a 140r so same engine as your z40. It's crf70 size with outer frame design.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
deadsoulja
Novice

Its not the same frame as the race140.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:15 AM   #6
Rickwales
Super King

no its not the same but the design is what i call an outer frame where the swing arm fits inside the frame whereas spine frames have the swing arm outside the frame. plus the race is a 110 but essentially they are all mass produced and similar to stomps, demons etc. if you look at frames like Bucci, YCF , Rotek and RFZ they all have outer frames just higher quality , so this is why i went for the stomp i have. That and the fact it was 6 months old, hardly used and only £600
Old 07-09-2018, 04:41 PM   #7
deadsoulja
Novice

YCF frames are real nice with quality parts. Bucci top notch...I only went for this cus i wanted to try the bigger frame. In hind sight i should of gone with YCF crf70. I chose the cheaper option You get what you pay for WPB are stomp frames but with cheaper fittings. Its the swingarm i have a real issue with, to change it id have to weld 2 engine brackets and some centre mount for swing arm bolt to go thru. Whoever designed it was smoking meth at the time.. BTW £600 was a steal
Old 15-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #8
pitdogrider
Track Master

Bike: KURZ RT1 Z190

And guess who owns WPB..... Stomp.
pitdogrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 10:58 PM   #9
Rickwales
Super King

Not exactly. Stomp, demon wpb are mostly made in china by Kayo and badged up by whoever buys them. If you went to kayo and bought some bikes then you could sell Pitdog bikes lol RFZ are made by a company called Apollo
Old 15-09-2018, 11:04 PM   #10
pitdogrider
Track Master

Bike: KURZ RT1 Z190

Stomp, Demon X and WPB are not mostly made in China, they are ALL made in China, and if you went to Kayo and tried to buy some bikes they would say Stomp have UK exclusivity so you could not buy from them and call a bike Pitdog bikes, maybe you could from a less superior manufacturer.... if you dont get scammed or end up with a pile of junk batch of bikes.
pitdogrider is offline   Reply With Quote