Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Classifieds > Wanted

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 25-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
tandy
Wheelie King

Bike: CRF150R SM
All members read please !!

if you post a thread in the wanted section and are PM'd by a member saying they have exactly what you want then for god sake do some checks on the member, do they have any feedback? do they have many, if any posts on the site? have you seen them on here before??

we have had to recent instances of various members being scammed by new users with little or no posts on the site, its your money, time and effort you will be losing

if you do get contacted and you are in ANY way suspicious of the user then please contact a member of the team, we stop as many sales scammers as we can but cannot stop this if its done by PM then you come on bitching you've been had guys and girls

use some common sense and lets get rid of these chancing scumbags using our friendly and fantastic site members
tandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
James116
Wheelie King

Bike: Pitster LXR/KTM
Re: All members read please !!

Also perhaps if were able to post in for sale and wanted threads other members/admins would see the interest and warn people of suspected scammers etc?
James116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
OhhSnap
Senior

Bike: 50 & stock xr70

I think the feedback is the best way to see who your dealing with however some people dont use it iv sold and bought a good few things off the forum and only been left feedback twice i dont mind leaving feed back but everyone needs to do it.
OhhSnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
pitbikeingmad
Compulsive Poster

Bike: monstermoto sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by James116 View Post
Also perhaps if were able to post in for sale and wanted threads other members/admins would see the interest and warn people of suspected scammers etc?
You can post in the wanted section just not in sales i think.

Erm, can we also remind people that selling via PM is against the rules? And maybe if the new members looked at the rules they would see people could not sell via PM and therefore using common sence that if someone pms them and doesnt post in the thread then they obviously arn't out to sell you something...
pitbikeingmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
chace
Wheelie King

Bike: LMX MXT 160 4v

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbikeingmad View Post
You can post in the wanted section just not in sales i think.

Erm, can we also remind people that selling via PM is against the rules? And maybe if the new members looked at the rules they would see people could not sell via PM and therefore using common sence that if someone pms them and doesnt post in the thread then they obviously arn't out to sell you something...

Then how can you possibly make a sell? I think you need to brush up on the rules yourself mate
chace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
BlackMamba
On Stabilizers

Bike: kawasaki kd80x

Done, tnx for the info tandy bump
BlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
k80m_paul
Super King

Bike: five-o yx140

Quote:
Originally Posted by chace_110 View Post
Then how can you possibly make a sell? I think you need to brush up on the rules yourself mate
if you don't have 150 posts you can still offer stuff you have by replying to wanted threads WITHIN THE THREAD, i'e not by pm as is against the rules. most of the stuff i had for sale i sold this way before i was able to put up a sales thread, and as it's all out in the open it's slightly less prone to scamming but obviously nothing is 100%

protect your self by not offering payment by paypal gifts etc.
k80m_paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
pitbikeingmad
Compulsive Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chace_110 View Post
Nope, i dont need to brush up on the rules mate, you cant OFFER anything to sell via PM, once you have replied to a wanted thread, or a buyer pms a seller after seeing a for sale thread then carry on the transaction through PM.

Old 25-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #9
wayne-tzr
Banned

Bike: TZR pit bike

i have always said that pm's should only become active when you hit the 150 post count. i surgested this idea lat year and i still think it would work well
wayne-tzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #10
pitbikeingmad
Compulsive Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-tzr View Post
i have always said that pm's should only become active when you hit the 150 post count. i surgested this idea lat year and i still think it would work well
I agree to some extent here, however if someone wanted to buy something then they would have to get 150 posts which could creat spamming, however, maybe there could be a way around this if someone has under 150 posts and wish to buy something?

Law