Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 12-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
Bale24

Bike: pro xplorer 125
road legal conversion kit

hi id like to make my 125 pit bike road legal is there any kits available to buy and where can i get them from. is there anything i need to know to make it road legal besides tyres, lights, indicators, registration and are they easy to convert as in can i use any lights please help id like it as a winter project since im fitting a new gearbox at the same time
Bale24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
armanib
Banned

Bike: DEMON X 125
Re: road legal conversion kit

a road legal frame with v5 and do you want day mot or full mot
armanib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
Bale24

road legal frame? whats difference between the two and are they a expensive and i guess daytime mot cos i wanna buy a new bike later but this just needs converting till i buy new one
Old 12-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
Bale24

hmm this sounds a lot of effort this idea maybe i should just fix this one up and put into storage or sell it to buy a proper road bike (prefer to to keep both) thanx i keep and eye out for one i could use or fix up
Old 12-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
solar

Bike: shineray125v111

you can buy all the parts cheap off ebay

and i havent done it myself but a close friend put his RM125 on the road
and it did have to have a mot sva test cost about Ł70 i think didnt have to change frame or anything big just exhaust,tyers,horn lights and that was about it

bound to have forgoten somert
solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #6
Bale24

i dont see why the frame would need to be changed they look the same to me road and non road legal plus the attachments for indicaters etc seem to be there all ready next to brake and clutch levers i keep researching but more detail will be appreicated
Old 14-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
jake01

Bike: x sport 125cc

No you need to check your frame if it already has a number on it! and you need an engine number aswell if you have both of these which some do some don't, go on the dvla website and download a v55/4 or a v55/5 and you fill it in and send it off then ur bike is registered! then you have to fit lights which are E registered you can get them off ebay and get a road legal exhaust and tyres then u take it to be examined if it passes then it just needs a mot and ur sorted. i'm doing one myself now. Does anyone no where i can find a cheap digital speedo with fuel gauge, neutral and indicator lights?
jake01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #8
pitdogrider
Track Master

Bike: KURZ RT1 Z190
I found a decent looking kit here with a battery, Ignition and MOT passable European rating lights

http://dbracing.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=56&products _id=31
pitdogrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:40 AM   #9
Ebeneezergood
Burning Rubber

Bike: M2R 140cc crf70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake01 View Post
No you need to check your frame if it already has a number on it! and you need an engine number aswell if you have both of these which some do some don't, go on the dvla website and download a v55/4 or a v55/5 and you fill it in and send it off then ur bike is registered! then you have to fit lights which are E registered you can get them off ebay and get a road legal exhaust and tyres then u take it to be examined if it passes then it just needs a mot and ur sorted. i'm doing one myself now. Does anyone no where i can find a cheap digital speedo with fuel gauge, neutral and indicator lights?
Wait until you get your reply back saying you need a nova form, just sending off the v55 form will not get you registered. Pretty much the only way left to go now is to go down the msva test. Even with certificate of newness and conformity dvla still wont register it. I think they have caught on to the loop hole and closed it. now its a case of going to a test centre. Id love to be proved wrong but I have had 2 attempts rejected and I know others on here have had the same problem.
Ebeneezergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #10
Everymonth
On Stabilizers

Bike: Yam r6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergood View Post
Wait until you get your reply back saying you need a nova form, just sending off the v55 form will not get you registered. Pretty much the only way left to go now is to go down the msva test. Even with certificate of newness and conformity dvla still wont register it. I think they have caught on to the loop hole and closed it. now its a case of going to a test centre. Id love to be proved wrong but I have had 2 attempts rejected and I know others on here have had the same problem.
I do believe it's still possible to get them on the road, the key thing is to make sure all the paperwork is in order. None can be missed or it'll be rejected, same goes if it's the form isn't filled out correctly. You must have cert of newness and importantly a vat receipt for your purchase, photocopy of licence and utility bill and hey presto. Vat receipt is a must as said it all must be in order
Everymonth is offline   Reply With Quote