Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 21-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #21
pitdogrider
Track Master

Bike: KURZ RT1 Z190
I was looking at the Demon X XLR2 125 road legal and they're £750 off road plus I figured with an MSVA at £70 and v55 and tax at £72 plus the few extra bits like speedo,plate and horn and E rated tyres their cost of £1100 was only about £150 more than it would cost me to do it.
But I'm a tight arse and now thinking about the BSE 125 they've got as it's already got lights on it and big wheels and it's only £935.... I like. I reckon most the pit bike parts should fit straight on it, has anyone got one of these?
pitdogrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #22
pitdogrider
Track Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymonth View Post
Cheers for all the info.

Not paying someone £500 extra for it being registered, he's obviously managing it without msva tests.

Looked into electrics, e marked lights, speedo, stator plate etc, bit of a to do but if needs must then fair enough but I'm hopeful there's still a way as they're still getting registered by that guy on the bay.
Probably buys them in bulk and ensures all the NOVA is done.
Old 21-02-2016, 03:32 PM   #23
Everymonth
On Stabilizers

Bike: Yam r6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitdogrider View Post
I was looking at the Demon X XLR2 125 road legal and they're £750 off road plus I figured with an MSVA at £70 and v55 and tax at £72 plus the few extra bits like speedo,plate and horn and E rated tyres their cost of £1100 was only about £150 more than it would cost me to do it.
But I'm a tight arse and now thinking about the BSE 125 they've got as it's already got lights on it and big wheels and it's only £935.... I like. I reckon most the pit bike parts should fit straight on it, has anyone got one of these?
The deamons haven't been msva tested though as they come without lights.

And with regards to him importing a load and making sure the nova declaration is done, I highly doubt that. I'm confident in saying he's buying them from wpb and managing to reg them but certainly not via the msva route.

Does smell awfully fishy to me.
Everymonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #24
Ebeneezergood
Burning Rubber

Bike: M2R 140cc crf70
Re: road legal conversion kit

Quote:
Don't think I said MSVA requires NOVA? It doesn't.
Www.dbracing.co.uk sell registered road legal pitbikes without the lights fitted.
Bit more money than off road models but saves all the hassle I suppose.
"But remember, all this is for the bike to go through the enduro route...... and if you have no NOVA varification in place this is not an option.
The alternative is the MSVA test where by Daytime use is not an option."

that is where I got it from your previous comment.
Ebeneezergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 05:17 PM   #25
pitdogrider
Track Master

I've edited my comment to be more clear.
Old 22-02-2016, 05:29 AM   #26
Ebeneezergood
Burning Rubber

thats no clearer than custard my friend, all youve added is wording about ground clearence, youve yet to explain in anyway why you cant register it as an enduro without a nova?? please elaborate as you seem pretty sure you cant msva test an enduro, can you show me any sort of evidence to back this up?
Old 22-02-2016, 08:36 AM   #27
pitdogrider
Track Master

You have mis-read it my freind! Here it is again.

If you wish to run your bike through the DVLA enduro route ,then you WILL need a NOVA declaration and the bike will have to meet the enduro status requirements such as ground clearance and seat height.

Alternatively, if you can't go the enduro route due to NOT having the NOVA declaration then you will have to go the strict MSVA route.
Old 22-02-2016, 09:13 PM   #28
Ebeneezergood
Burning Rubber

Quote:
You have mis-read it my freind! Here it is again.

If you wish to run your bike through the DVLA enduro route ,then you WILL need a NOVA declaration and the bike will have to meet the enduro status requirements such as ground clearance and seat height.

Alternatively, if you can't go the enduro route due to NOT having the NOVA declaration then you will have to go the strict MSVA route.
too many petrol fumes!! I was getting a bit conjealled with the enduro route on the dvla yes, but from what I was told you did not need lights if your were registering your vehicle and it did not have them as standard. the only thing you really need is a horn speedo and road legal tyres, the rest is superficial. Im going to get back on the phone this week and try and find out more details.
thanks for sticking in there with my custard brain my friend.
Old 20-07-2016, 08:13 PM   #29
pitdogrider
Track Master

No worries, I have many a days where my heads up my arse.
Enduro Route - you will need NOVA to be complete and paid upon importation and a cert of newness also, also ground clearance and seat height must be correct, then you will require road legal tyres, speedo, horn, number plate (that is the basics for daytime use only). lights etc are required for night use.
Msva - You will need all the bike extras I mentioned in previous posts, you will not need Cert of newness but it will then be Q plated.

......... Moral of the story is if the NOVA is not settled within 14 days of the vehicle entering the UK then don't even think its possible to register your pit bike for road use without the MSVA test. you can fit all the lights and road legal tyres you want, DVLA will just say REJECTED.

Fun Bikes import the bikes in containers and don't NOVA each bike, They pay tax on the full container so your not legally going to get any of their bikes on the road. Note I say legally, any ones you see riding round probably have Shineray VIN tags and log books attached to them and if that was done on a car that's called ringing and carries a hefty penalty, I cant see it being much different just because its a bike.
Old 20-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #30
Mountain RFZ
Super King

Bike: RFZ 140 open

and how does the shinray get past the nova?
Mountain RFZ is offline   Reply With Quote