Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Other Bikes > Moto-X

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• malaguti grizzly
    hi guys first post on the forum ive just restored a malaguti grizzly mx for my grandson.the purple framed model with...
  • Nepal Treks & Tours Pvt. Ltd
    Welcome Nepal Travel Tour Company always welcome to any Travel Agency, Tour agencies,...
  • super bike
    I am going to buy new super bike can you please help...

Old 31-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #11
katoom
PBC Legend

Bike: A big pumpkin
Re: Worth a gamble ?

The KX engine makes more power and over a wider range due to it being powervalved. "Supposedly" had weaker gearboxes though.
Harder to fit due to needing more custom parts, the exhaust being one. (It never had an Up and over front pipe like the CR, so would need one making.modding.

Service Honda sell a KX500 in a KXF250 frame. (looks awesome)http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Motocrossaction was testing a KX500 engine in a KTM frame. They said the conversion was quite easy due to the frames being steel.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.ZGU&cad=rja
katoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #12
Polski
Wheelie King

I spotted this thing for sale few days ago!
If I had the cash woulda snapped it up myself

You take it any further?
Polski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #13
katoom
PBC Legend

Bike: A big pumpkin

It'll need a lot spending on it though.

If you get a new casing (might be around £200) then while your in the bottom end, might as well do the crank, rod and whatever the gearbox needs.

Then there's the top end (£100+ for piston and gaskets) that's before you start on the rest of the bike.

Front and rear suspension service, bearings and brakes, cables etc then plastics and GFX to finish it off.

It'll be fine as a long term project, but a ready done one would save you more in the long run.

The seat, airbox and rear panels all look like they're off a newer model. Same shape, just the early 90's had a grey or black airbox and much darker red panels that matched the tank. (they look about 93 on)
katoom is offline   Reply With Quote