Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Pit Bike Discussion

Old 18-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #21
chace
Wheelie King

Bike: LMX MXT 160 4v
Re: welsh pit bikes

First, everyone knows that wpb replace there standard cam with the "z40" cam, its old news.. BUT you basically call out another company for a race really shows your maturity of the company. I respect what you do for the pitbike market and for riders but still, cmon? really?

Price for price the wpb z140 is far behind most bikes on the market granted, you provide a "race cam" and that's about it? the cam is 15£ and 30 minutes fitting time..

m2r provide (copied from fun bikes & close to the price of wpb z140) for £680
  • Kenda Carlsbad Tyres
  • New Stronger Wheels
  • Fully Adjustable Rear Shock With 1000LB Spring
  • High Quality Extended Aluminium Rear Swinging Arm
Not to bitch and be pathetic etc but look at the bigger picture, personally i think wpb advertise for one market.. kids & chavs.
chace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #22
wayne-tzr
Banned

Bike: TZR pit bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by chace_110 View Post
First, everyone knows that wpb replace there standard cam with the "z40" cam, its old news.. BUT you basically call out another company for a race really shows your maturity of the company. I respect what you do for the pitbike market and for riders but still, cmon? really?

Price for price the wpb z140 is far behind most bikes on the market granted, you provide a "race cam" and that's about it? the cam is 15£ and 30 minutes fitting time..

• Kenda Carlsbad Tyres
  • New Stronger Wheels
Not to bitch and be pathetic etc but look at the bigger picture, personally i think wpb advertise for one market.. kids & chavs.

for once i agree with you. funbikes give great prices and also offers a top aftercare service. the success of m2r in the SM scene clearly shows what a top quality company they are
wayne-tzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #23
WPB Pitbikes
PBC Legend

Bike: WPB 2WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by chace_110 View Post

• Kenda Carlsbad Tyres
  • New Stronger Wheels
If you really want to compare accurately there are a few more differences than that.

Stomp and WPB have the following, we dont just take what the other generic factories tell us to specify.
Some of these key specs we developed uniquely at our factory.

1 Sealed Wheel bearings with Wide high torsional strength wheel spacers
2 Over bar rear brake pedals
3 Wavey Discs
4 Unique Race engineered frames NOT Generic ones which are same as all the others.

Sorry but you misunderstood or perhaps dont keep up with what we are currently doing. Perhaps have a read of some of our other posts currently on PBC

"Come Race with us" was not a "call out for a race with another company" that would be fun but a little self indulgent, it was an invite for any riders to join the BDT WPB sponsored Race series and perhaps even apply for WPB Race sponsorship using #wpbsponsorship.

You dont see "KIDS and Chavs" in the WPB Sponsored British Dirt Track race series, but we do know where you do find them!

So........Come Race with us!

Fran

WPB
WPB Pitbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #24
yt#79
Burning Rubber

Bike: M2R KMX 140

I know you guys are in competition, but no offence, you sound so childish squabbling and attacking each other it really is quite pathetic and shocking to see TBF.

You should be about your own product and your own product only, and respect your competition which is good for the industry.
yt#79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #25
WPB Pitbikes
PBC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yt#79 View Post
I know you guys are in competition, but no offence, you sound so childish squabbling and attacking each other it really is quite pathetic and shocking to see TBF.

You should be about your own product and your own product only, and respect your competition which is good for the industry.

Agreed

Take note of thread title and subsequent posters

by somebody
Old 19-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #26
slacky
On Stabilizers

What size wheels does the bike have in the eBay link, think I like it more because it's got the crosser look to it
slacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #27
katoom
PBC Legend

Bike: A big pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacky View Post
What size wheels does the bike have in the eBay link, think I like it more because it's got the crosser look to it
17" front and 14" rear as opposed to the usual 14/12.
katoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #28
WPB Pitbikes
PBC Legend

The Stomp WPB Big wheel sets also have the sealed bearings together with the larger load bearing axle spacers. We have found that the bigger diameter axle spacers provide more grip helping keep the sprocket-chain tensions correct and also adding torsional strength in the swingarm. Little things admittedly, but well worth doing. As we said, we don't just take the generic stuff the factories want us to fit.

Terry

WPB
Old 20-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
dan_250
Super King

Bike: SM yx140

Wpb = absolute crap, talking bull, and keeping you waiting for ages

M2r and fiddy parts are the way forward.

U say wavy disks £10, sealed bearing ? All wheel bearings are sealed, the chinease stuff you put in will be replaced in about a week, so really there nothing, read a thread I put up a while back near Christmas about wpb. The measly 2 hp which is not proven, is nothing compared to a bike with good suspension. You could put 20hp in 1 of your wpb yet a set up bog standard will whoop it's ass round a track.

My advice don't deal with them mate, 1 of the worst pit bike companys
dan_250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #30
dan_250
Super King

Bike: SM yx140

Here's a link to the thread
http://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=75070

and this is what we was building, could of had your name on, but no as your daft, and a rather bad business it'll be spread around as crap, just like bandit racings
http://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=79465
dan_250 is offline   Reply With Quote