Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Pit Bike Discussion

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 11-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Jonowilliams
Track Master

Bike: WPB 140cc CRF70
Not another thread on laws!

Right opposite my house theres farm land, the farmer doesnt mind you using the outskirts of his land where theres already tracks to get to the quarry further up which is owned by a friend of a friend .

T'other day when we had all the rain I thought it would be a bloody good idea to go out to the quarry and and get muddy! Let my friend have a quick blast of my bike for the tit to start doing burnouts in the thick wet mud! Inevitable happened blocked the carb and wouldnt start back up!

Turned around to see two officers sprinting towards us on foot! My instinct is to run because on this occasion we had no helmets on! Got the bike upto the quarry and I managed to bump it rolling down a steep hill, get back up and get home!

Next time though I dont intend to run!

When you are caught on private land MUST they give you a warning sct59? Then if caught again in 12 months it gets taken away from you?

Or can they take it the first time your caught?

And out of curiosity if I had of been caught that day without a helmet on can they do anything about that?

Next on my agenda is aquairing a letter of consent from the friend of a friend for the use of the quarry and proposing something to the farmer for acces!
Jonowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
imnobby
Training

Bike: CNC 177cc v2!
Re: Not another thread on laws!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonowilliams View Post
Right opposite my house theres farm land, the farmer doesnt mind you using the outskirts of his land where theres already tracks to get to the quarry further up which is owned by a friend of a friend .

T'other day when we had all the rain I thought it would be a bloody good idea to go out to the quarry and and get muddy! Let my friend have a quick blast of my bike for the tit to start doing burnouts in the thick wet mud! Inevitable happened blocked the carb and wouldnt start back up!

Turned around to see two officers sprinting towards us on foot! My instinct is to run because on this occasion we had no helmets on! Got the bike upto the quarry and I managed to bump it rolling down a steep hill, get back up and get home!

Next time though I dont intend to run!

When you are caught on private land MUST they give you a warning sct59? Then if caught again in 12 months it gets taken away from you?

Or can they take it the first time your caught?

And out of curiosity if I had of been caught that day without a helmet on can they do anything about that?

Next on my agenda is aquairing a letter of consent from the friend of a friend for the use of the quarry and proposing something to the farmer for acces!

You have to receive a s59 warning before they can take your bike.

My advice is even if you have consent in writing they will still issue you the 59 warning and if caught again seize your bike. It will be for you to contest the initial s59 ticket and seizure of your bike. As a officer on the street will never be able to confirm the validity of your letter there and then on the spot.
imnobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

if you have written consent they can't issue a section 59. But it must be a proper letter of consent, and be in YOUR name, and from the land OWNER.

That would be like you riding in your back garden and getting a section 59.

Unless your riding like a tool and could injure someone.

That said I doubt very much you will get anything in writing from the quarry owner - unless they have half a brain.

If you feel off and broke your back in the quarry you could sue the landowner that gave you permission for riding there for not providing any preventative actions for the risks you were exposed to riding on his land.

Its mad, but thats what screws us bikers - compensation, a few divs claim for a quick buck and ruin it for everyone.

Helmet dont matter either, its private property. you could ride with a screwdriver stocking out your forehead and they cant do anything.

Might be worth thinking a bit though - doing do nuts near peoples houses is going to pee them off. Loud exhaust pee people off. Ride stealthy and ride longer. even with permission.

And if you ride without WRITTEN permission you will get your bike taken at some point, but dont moan about it, you knew the risks - you could just ride at a track like everyone else has to.
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
Jonowilliams
Track Master

Bike: WPB 140cc CRF70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
if you have written consent they can't issue a section 59. But it must be a proper letter of consent, and be in YOUR name, and from the land OWNER.

That would be like you riding in your back garden and getting a section 59.

Unless your riding like a tool and could injure someone.

That said I doubt very much you will get anything in writing from the quarry owner - unless they have half a brain.

If you feel off and broke your back in the quarry you could sue the landowner that gave you permission for riding there for not providing any preventative actions for the risks you were exposed to riding on his land.

Its mad, but thats what screws us bikers - compensation, a few divs claim for a quick buck and ruin it for everyone.

Helmet dont matter either, its private property. you could ride with a screwdriver stocking out your forehead and they cant do anything.

Might be worth thinking a bit though - doing do nuts near peoples houses is going to pee them off. Loud exhaust pee people off. Ride stealthy and ride longer. even with permission.

And if you ride without WRITTEN permission you will get your bike taken at some point, but dont moan about it, you knew the risks - you could just ride at a track like everyone else has to.
If I fall off its my own hard sh**e. Possible he might give me consent the farmer would be a tough one though...

It was a far bit away from houses, feck knows how the police heard us! Might be something to do with all the gypsies trying to set camp not too far away as I noticed loads of police moving them on a bit later on...

My mates a tit donuts is childish imo just get on and ride and do it peacefully and safe!
Jonowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonowilliams View Post
If I fall off its my own hard sh**e. Possible he might give me consent the farmer would be a tough one though...

It was a far bit away from houses, feck knows how the police heard us! Might be something to do with all the gypsies trying to set camp not too far away as I noticed loads of police moving them on a bit later on...

My mates a tit donuts is childish imo just get on and ride and do it peacefully and safe!
I've got a couple of pee shooter exhausts I use if I'm going to ride where I shouldn't. If they don't know you are there, nothing will happen.
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
ryanpetrolhead
On Stabilizers

Bike: Orion RX 125

I've had police around about riding on private land, because my neighbour complains about me riding in my own garden
ryanpetrolhead is offline   Reply With Quote