Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
oldskoolnick
Training

Bike: Stomp ace 50
Marzocchi shiver 35mm

I have some used 35mm shivers on my stomp and i'm under the impression they need a good service or possibly a rebuild.

Firstly - i've had a chat with a mate of mine who has had loads of sets of these and regarding the 'sag' when you pull the front end up, he said they all have a tendency to do this?

However - had the front wheel off today and had play around with the fork legs, i manually compressed both sides and where one side was really smooth and made no noise at all, the other side made what can only be described as a squelching sort of noise? It's obviously the oil in the fork leg, but why does only one side do this?

both sides rebound ok but only one was silent?

Now as you can tell, don't really have a clue about mx/minibike forks so any help is much appreciated.

i did however notice on the top of each fork leg there is some way of adjusting via a flat head screw... One leg has the letter 'C', which i understand to be compression? and the other 'R'... rebound?

So my other question is.... are both the legs different internally, i.e, maybe this can answer for the different noise made by one leg when compressed?

I hope this makes sense! the forks will be fine for now as they still feel plusher than the standard stomp setup, but if there is definatley an issue with them i would like to get them sorted out properly.

Thanks in advance guys!
oldskoolnick is offline   Reply With Quote