Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Club General > Off Topic Discussion

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 06-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
JackOsborne
On Stabilizers

Best 125 to use for greenlaning

Hi Lads!
-Im getting off my 125 sports bike and looking for a car, but I cant let the biker blood in me drain out. I dont want to get another road bike because...well...dangerous isnt the word, and with the mentally challenged car drivers out there I think it would be wise to maybe stay away from them.
But I still want to be able to experiance the fun and joy riding a motorcycle gives me, so it looks like im heading into the forest!
I need to know, Would it be worth getting a road legal pit bike or something else like a XLR125 or a DT125. Ive always loved the fact you can just throw a pit bike around like no tomorrow in the woods and might enjoy it a bit more.
Now I need your wise opinions!
Help a brother out.

Thanks
JackOsborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Gosmeister
PBC Veteran

Bike: D-link HO V2s35
Re: Best 125 to use for greenlaning

To be honest a 50cc is dangerous,
125 + just takes common sense,
Try riding a 900 Ducati
Gosmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Get a track bike.

Honda xr is decent green and laner, just make sure you only tide on REAL green lanes, and not ruin it for genuine green laning.
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
jayzee
Track Master

Bike: chinky dax

i had an ajp pr4,which they make a 125 version had it 6 years had no trouble with it,there made in portugal,not many about but there are a few dealers so parts no problem,4 stroke so reliable,i,m going to get another one next year,also there not that dear to buy
jayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
Husky
PBC Veteran

Bike: Custom "Masai"

i think 125's are too sluggish for green laning unless you gear them for bottom end, ive had a few green laner style 125's like honda XLR 125, KTM exc 125, Superbyke RMX 125. i had the most fun on the KTM as it was 2 stroke and had plenty of power, the XLR is great for just pottering about on green lanes but hills were its worst enemy, i had to slip the clutch like fook to get it up them.

Also keep a local OS map handy with you just in case you run into any problems with the fuzz and you can show then the law

Little vid of my XLR on a local green lane & 4x4 track.

Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
JackOsborne
On Stabilizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
i think 125's are too sluggish for green laning unless you gear them for bottom end, ive had a few green laner style 125's like honda XLR 125, KTM exc 125, Superbyke RMX 125. i had the most fun on the KTM as it was 2 stroke and had plenty of power, the XLR is great for just pottering about on green lanes but hills were its worst enemy, i had to slip the clutch like fook to get it up them.

Also keep a local OS map handy with you just in case you run into any problems with the fuzz and you can show then the law

Little vid of my XLR on a local green lane & 4x4 track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD6qnvLUSc4

Cheers for this dude!
Id love a ktm but the price puts me off so much...
Would a larger frame road pit be any better ?
JackOsborne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
125, greenlaning, ped, road legal, sports