Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 09-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #1
Paul c
On Stabilizers

Bike: Pitbike
Yampit build

Hi all this is my first post
I'm putting a tzr125r Belgarde 4dl lump in a 2008 crf50 perimeter frame
Making every thing fit is no problem for me, but iv spent serval days trying to source some needle bearings for the swingarm, if I had a vernier caliper it would probably be alot easier, the research if have done from the vin tag, I think it's a haili orion 125 (HL027) but there isn't no listing for swingarm bearings for that model on ebay or any other companys websites I have visited. I know it's Base on the bbr perimeter frame but even on websites that sell this model of frame I can't seem to find spares for them. Am I doing something wrong?
Well please drop some links if you guys/gals have.
Any info will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul c
Paul c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
binge
PBC Legend

Bike: Honda Chaly
Re: Yampit build

TZR in an Orion (Bulldog) frame.
You're a braver man than most on this forum.

You'll probably struggle to get a bearing to fit that swing arm. Best thing to do is just measure the ID and OD you need (It'll probably be 8mm ID any way, like most).
Then ring up somewhere like Kent Bearings. Worst case scenario, they'll charge a little extra, and make you some bespoke items.

Regarding the TZR pit bikes...
I built one about 6 years ago. Very fun indeed.

Given the fact I ran an old 2RH engine, It was still God damn fast. Blew away any 4t pit bike within reason.
Was a little peaky at times because carburation was not the best (Ran on a spine frame so couldn't keep the original Inlet manifold).
And of course, the lack of air-box made it run like a dog. 2 strokes love to suck on still air.

Since breaking up the TZR, I have began building something a little more of a hand-full.

Will be watching this thread closely.
Please try to keep it active! Might boost the views back up on the forum.
I'll certainly report back for updates, and be happy to offer any advice from experience I gained with my 2 two-stroke builds.

Ben
binge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
Paul c
On Stabilizers

Wow Ben they look stunning, I live in Maidstone so Kent bearings isn't a to far away. I was trying to find so mag wheels but there to expensive for me, so I got a set of sdg wheels of a mate for peanuts. What exhaust did you use, I was going to modify a gilera sc 125 exhaust to fit it's goin to be alot of hassle. And thank you there is probably going to be a million questions hahaha
Thanks
Paul c
Old 10-05-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
Paul c
On Stabilizers

What are the wheels you have put on ur bikes
Old 10-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #5
Paul c
On Stabilizers

What are the wheels you have put on ur bikes. Oh I forgot to mention I'm making it Road legal
Old 10-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #6
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Ben has access to free/cheap lathe work, so he tends to modify scooter wheels with lovely billet hub adapters.

Not that I'm jelous
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:10 PM   #7
Paul c
On Stabilizers

Oh really I never thought of doing that. Sounds like a plan if it's cheaper to do that. I know it's the 2nd time iv said abt the cheap option I'm not a penny pincher, iv been signed off work for a while so I'm trying to make a my passion a reality on a tight budget lol
Ben do you live in Kent?
Old 10-05-2016, 03:34 PM   #8
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

I don't know the ins and outs, but it's not ben that does it I don't think - maybe a relative or something, but you can pick up SM pit bike wheels way cheaper than you could ever get the lathe work done unless you have a mate who is a machinst.

Hope you get well soon
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:31 PM   #9
Paul c
On Stabilizers

A mate of mine is a machinist but he is so busy he couldn't make me a spacer I'll have to use the sdg wheels for now. I so frustrated, all I can do til I get some bearings sorted out is get the frame shot blasted so I can start to strengthen the frame, I might add a cradle? Not sure yet
Old 10-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #10
binge
PBC Legend

Bike: Honda Chaly

My Grandad is fortunately one of the best machinists in the Land. A retired Tank engineer and co-designer of the Challenger and Challenger II British Army Tanks.
One of my best friends is a Trainee engineer for a Local Firm.
And then I a have a good friend who is also a hobby engineer.
None of them are interested in doing any work for cash though, I've had friends poke around at it before.

The wheels on the TZR pit bike were the original Mobster Mags, from OORacing, back in the days when they were made properly.
DHZ Motard have made a replica of them now, but even the YX140s seem to churn the rear bearing seats up, so a 26bhp 2-stroke is going to destroy them.

On my Rotax 123 pit bike. They are Aprilia SR50 scooter wheels, which have been adapted to run a Montessa rear sprocket (520 chain pitch on the Rotax), and a 240mm front disc from the back end of an early R1.

The exhaust on the TZR pit bike, is a heavily Modified DT125LC spanny. The Pre-powervalve system. I had my Power-valve fully pinned open anyway, so it didn't give me any issues with clearance.

The exhaust on the Rotax, is from an Aprilia MX125. I am still on the hunt for a sensible tail pipe for it. I'm thinking about using KX65 parts, because that's essentially what sub-frame and plastics I'm running anyway (KLX110)

I'm just up in Rainham, Kent, so not a million miles away.
binge is offline   Reply With Quote