Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Classifieds > eBay Auctions

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #11
slimbo
Banned

Bike: stomp 140kz
Re: ultimate road legal pitbike!!!!!

i find it funny that everyone is having ago. but not so long ago there was loads of people posting on hear bout ringing frames. what about all the people out there on tuned 50's and 125's. they also rnt insured if they fall off or kill sum one, but when a post goes up about sumone tuning there scooter or supermoto i.e 50cc to 88cc and all the rest its like wow nice bike pal.
Old 26-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #12
pace140yx
PBC Veteran

Bike: StompZ140 crf70

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbo View Post
i find it funny that everyone is having ago. but not so long ago there was loads of people posting on hear bout ringing frames. what about all the people out there on tuned 50's and 125's. they also rnt insured if they fall off or kill sum one, but when a post goes up about sumone tuning there scooter or supermoto i.e 50cc to 88cc and all the rest its like wow nice bike pal.

no ones on about tuning so stfu
Old 26-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
physco_nutcase_danny
PBC Legend

Quote:
to be honest theres only a very small percentage of users on this forum with road legal pit bikes.i bet i could count them on my fingers.

you can do what you like when your off road/tarmac as its for racing.

yes there have been a few ringed road legal bikes built,but they are illegal too if there reg'd as a 50 or 125 and are running bigger cc engines without declaring it to the dvla and insurance.

but for a shop to do this is even worse as there selling it on to a customer.

if you have kids or when you do and your son/daughter bought what you thought was a 125 and had a 160 motor plumbed in,if your son/daughter had an accident at the very least and went to claim on the insurance only to find out that it was void how would you feel?who would you blame?
Old 26-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #14
pace140yx
PBC Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by physco_nutcase_danny View Post
to be honest theres only a very small percentage of users on this forum with road legal pit bikes.i bet i could count them on my fingers.

you can do what you like when your off road/tarmac as its for racing.

yes there have been a few ringed road legal bikes built,but they are illegal too if there reg'd as a 50 or 125 and are running bigger cc engines without declaring it to the dvla and insurance.

but for a shop to do this is even worse as there selling it on to a customer.

if you have kids or when you do and your son/daughter bought what you thought was a 125 and had a 160 motor plumbed in,if your son/daughter had an accident at the very least and went to claim on the insurance only to find out that it was void how would you feel?who would you blame?

well said
Old 26-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #15
slimbo
Banned

Bike: stomp 140kz

the only person to blame is who ever is riding it knowing full well its illegal. and as for me goin on bout tuning its the same thing. putting a bigger engine in or making one bigger still illegal

so why dont ystfu
Old 26-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #16
oliver_125
PBC Legend

Bike: shineray.......

calm down dear.
Old 26-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #17
jawa
Senior

Bike: oo racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisoN* View Post
if i gave you a deposit could i pay in instalments?

schweet bike tho!
no need for a deposit there is already £150 of somone else's deposit on the bike just use that.
Old 26-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #18
EADON
PBC Veteran

Bike: WPB 140

Quote:
the only person to blame is who ever is riding it knowing full well its illegal. and as for me goin on bout tuning its the same thing. putting a bigger engine in or making one bigger still illegal

so why dont ystfu

Not really, the person who ringed the bike and sold the bike on is just as much to blame.

And yes a tuned bike is illegal if the insurers have not been notified, but that is not the case for discussion here, this is someone selling a ringed bike through a business. (Yes its an ebay ad but he links his shop)
Old 26-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
pace140yx
PBC Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EADON View Post
Not really, the person who ringed the bike and sold the bike on is just as much to blame.

And yes a tuned bike is illegal if the insurers have not been notified, but that is not the case for discussion here, this is someone selling a ringed bike through a business. (Yes its an ebay ad but he links his shop)

least you understand whats going on he aint hes just havin a rant about something he knows nothing about
Old 26-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
h4rdy
Burning Rubber

Bike: Road Legal Sumo

how would you get this bike taxed if the engine numbers dont match upto the ones on the logbook?
Closed Thread