Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 03-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #11
stuartornum
On Stabilizers

Bike: Stomp KZR 140
Re: Remove spark plug and potentially other issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
VM22 was what I ran for a while - gives you a great mid range over the molkt - but then isn't as free breathing at the top end.

Worth uping the pilot to 17.5 and main to anywhere between 110 and 115 as a starting point, but for the money its a great carb.
Ok, VM22 it is! Cheers.

I managed to get it to run for more than a few minutes on the choke yesterday, (then I killed it, didn't want to piss off the neighbours), it's so bloody loud! Any idea where I can get a quieter exhaust, I think I remember WPB selling a quieter exhaust, not fust about lost of power really as it'll enable me to tinker with it more without pissing people off...

Final thing: The new spark plug.. it's gone quite black, quite quickly, baring in mind the engine has run for no more than 5 minutes with this spark and it's got brand new oil (I did a complete drain, changed gaskets and everything..). I saw that page with all the different spark plug colours (very useful), it says something about oil getting into the chamber, so seals might be gone?
stuartornum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spark plug, starting, yx140