Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Reviews

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 17-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
dlatch
Senior

Bike: WPB race 160
Cool Lucky MXT 140 2013 bike owner review

My own view on the new 2013 spec MTX 140

firstly the quality of the components is light years ahead from where pitbikes used to be even the bolts are of a decent quality, after assembly i spanner checked every bolt on the bike and could not find one loose bolt or any bad threads
Such a well spec'd machine that rides and feels like a bigger bike,
Spec's
Engine
plenty of grunt from the yx140 motor and a really nice exhaust note and still easy to kick start. Really slick all up 4 speed box. all you could ever really need for fun use i have changed the gearing slightly by going +1 tooth on the front sprocket from 15T standard to 16T chain is a 428 pitch and not 420 as stated on luckymx website
suspension
Adjustable front and rear suspension is great, for the first outing i left everything as it was out of the crate and the only thing that in my opinion that needs adjusting is the rear shock stiffness which is easily done and there was plenty of adjustment available to make the bike rear suspension capable of handling medium jumps and a 11 stone rider without any bottoming out, for more serious stuff a rear shock upgrade would be needed.
front suspension out of the box feels spot on i have not adjusted this at all as i loved the feel as it was.

Brakes
210mm front disc with twin pot caliper gives great progressive stopping power and plenty of feel, 200mm rear disc is very powerful too. more than enough stopping power for any situation

Riding and handling
I would not say i am a expert MX rider by any means but whatever bumps or terrain i have thrown at the MXT 140 so far it has handled it with ease, digs in great on the corners and is very stable at high speed and plenty of room on the bike to move around and shift your weight you don't just hang on for dear life on this bike you actually ride it

Overall thoughts on the bike

If your looking for a decent well made and reliable pitbike that can really mix it up on the dirt look no further, the only negative i have on the bike is the new ktm style kick start which can ping back up behind the side plastics if your foot slips off when kicking it over, but this is a very minor issue and will become a non issue when you get more used to starting the bike.

Update on the review now i have had more time on the bike, it has now done 3 runs out down local woods and twice at whaddon mx track and still has been 100% reliable, now i have got to grips with the bike more and started pushing it i am now upgrading the rear shock to the dnm one from lucky mx and also pro taper fat bars and also a set of better tyres , still really happy with the performance and no engine mods planned yet.
no loose spokes or parts coming undone or breaking so far but i do ride it with some mechanical sympathy and maintain the bike to ensure reliability

dlatch is offline   Reply With Quote