Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Pit Bike Discussion

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 07-01-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
Denkenz
Novice

Bike: Lmx
Lmx 88cc rear brake not working

Hi. I bought my son 88cc lmx from cw bikes for christmas. Assembled the bike on christmas day, handle bars, front wheel. Footpegs. All was fine apart from the rear brake not working. The piston in the calipur was not moving to press the pads against the disc bleed and adjusted and still no joy.the piston is moving very slightly but not enough. As cw bikes are not willing to send out a replacement brake assembly(great aftetsales service NOT) i wondering if anyone has any idea what the problem could be and how to solve this as my son cant ride it as it is unsafe without the rear brake working. Thanks
Denkenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #2
Cagiva4ever
Burning Rubber

Bike: Thumpstar X5'09
Re: Lmx 88cc rear brake not working

if any of the brake parts is Faulty, it could be 1 or 2+ of these issues:

- caliber piston scored during factory fitting, bypassing leaking fluid pressure via scratch
-caliber piston's Seal put wrongway in. Seal works as a "return spring" for the piston. Seal is non-symmetric, hence it Twists during fluid pressure operation. the Twist at seal helps the Piston to return in after fluid pressure is Of.
a wrongway in put seal causes the Piston to Jamm, it only can come out but cant return In the caliber.
-caliber piston Seal faulty damaged during factory fitting

- Air trapped inside the hose of banjo connections, due the caliber/hose locations and angles Vs master cylinder/reservoir etc.
**GET A VACUUM BLEEDER from Automotive section/tools. a canister that works with 20L/2Hp aircompressor. a PRO tool that works for the hardest most difficult cases where Air is trapped....

- a scored master cylinder Piston.
- a damaged master cylinder piston SEAL.

- leaking banjo washers. I.E not properly torq'd Banjo bolts. or faulty copper/aluminium washers.

- non correct brake pedal adjustment with the M6-bolt adjuster threadROD.

- people also prefer tend to chance the "substandard factrory" brakefluid into known good fluid in EU specs. as the fluid they Chinese use isnt needed to be road Approved guality in most cases.

IF you are not handy or eqipped to the work, DO NOT PROCEED with the work, as it would hurt your Warranty, in case if you go with the hmcs gov uk.

post that i made to your other topic:

if the case is genuine, make a "letter before claim" and send it to the seller as signed for delivery. not fit for purpose, warranty claim.

next step if Letter wont solve the issue is, hmcs gov UK, at small claims court.

that letter which is free, most likely already gets the issue solved. small claims court is for max 0~5000£ claim.

opening the claim will cost summink 20£
Cagiva4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #3
Mountain RFZ
Super King

Bike: RFZ 140 open

Ahhh double post, well you can read what I said over there....

As for the brake, you prob best off just replacing it. rear brakes on these bikes are terrible and fail all the time. The one on my LMX RFZ hasn't failed by which I am surprised by.

So I would recommend buying the rear master cylinder for / from a RFZ, but hey guess who owns LMX... CW bikes!!!

Ebay may find you a different seller though!

Welcome to the forum. AKA nut house full of non believers and slanderous hate and harassment
Mountain RFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:31 PM   #4
Denkenz
Novice

Hi. Thanks for the advice. Did send a email about fit for purpose and all that. Theu want me to dismantle the brake system and send it to them at my own exspence. Dont see why i should as its a brand new bike but guess il have to do that and see what happens when i get it back. I keep you posted. And thanks guys
Old 08-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
Mountain RFZ
Super King

Tell the stupid twat that you want your all your costs reimbursed if he wants to play games.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #6
Denkenz
Novice

Hi. Just an update on my sons bike. After a long think and some legal reshearch over the weekend iv decided not to dismantle the rear brake system and send it back at my own cost, why the hell should i, after all its a brand new bike. Im gona take this all the way as iv been told cw bikes policy isnt worth the paper its written on. Have emailed c/a and they are going to send my case to trading standards. Not fit for purpose means not fit for purpose so im not paying a penny. I dont care how long it takes. I have rights and im not going to let them get away with it 👍
Old 09-01-2017, 08:36 AM   #7
Mountain RFZ
Super King

Good on YOU!!! about time these stupid pit bike sellers learn how to deal with customers properly!!
Old 10-01-2017, 04:49 AM   #8
jamesstewart
Novice

Bike: Hero Honda

Best way for this brake problem is replacing it.
jamesstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #9
Denkenz
Novice

Thats all i wanted them to do.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #10
Cagiva4ever
Burning Rubber

Bike: Thumpstar X5'09

^^ that above "james" is apparently just a Spammer, according to other writers here..

btw, is "distance selling act" a Case in your bike purchase ? with limited time period allowed regarding purchase cancellation....
Cagiva4ever is offline   Reply With Quote