Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 03-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
WPB Pitbikes
PBC Legend

Bike: WPB 2WIN
Re: stomp owners manual - get in NOW ONLINE

Chain

Lubrication

, keep your chain lubricated & clean is thoroughly after use, we recommend a dry wax such as Putolene tech chain (available direct

from Stomp or all good motocross outlets).

Tension is also very important, when you ride your bike, your chain will stretch, especially when it’s

new. Keep an eye on the up & down free play of your chain at it’s longest section. Approx 2.5 inches from top to bottom is acceptable. When

you adjust it put your full body weight down on the suspension to check the tension when fully loaded, on some models the tension can increase

with suspension movement. If you chain is rattling, it’s probably too loose. A loose chain can come off & damage your engine cases, chain

guard or worse still, your leg. Keep a check on it.

Air Filter

Keep it clean with putolene filter cleaner & then oil it up with putolene filter oil before you next use your bike. Dust, Grit & Dirty water can get in

your engine & this will significantly reduce the life of your piston rings. In extreme cases your piston & barrel can be damaged. We advise that

you replace your standard filter after 10 hours use & replace it with an improved quality aftermarket filter such as UNI (available direct from all

good stomp dealers). These then need to be replaced every 20 hours. You wouldn’t drink dirty water so don’t let your engine breath dirty air.

Bearings

Keep a close eye on your bearings, in particular head set, swing arm & wheel bearings. These ALL take a severe pounding and are subject to

all the dirt & grit associated with an off-road machine. Typical wheel bearing life is around 10 hours in severe riding conditions. Swing arm 20

hours & headset 20 hours. Keep them clean & from time to time pop off the dust seals where applicable & re-grease. Water & jet washing will

wash away wheel bearing & swing arm bearing grease. Never directly point your jet wash at bearings. If you look after your little balls you will

get more out of them

Cables

Keep them lubed up with putolene cable lube. If you keep them clean & lubed up they will last longer, your bike will be safer to ride & improve

your control.
WPB Pitbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #12
WPB Pitbikes
PBC Legend

Tyre Pressure

Unless you have a rim lock fitted to your rear wheel, do not allow the tyre pressure to drop below 20 PSI. This is of particular importance on

bikes with 140+ cc engines they have the power to spin the wheel inside the tyre & rip the valve off your inner tube. If you want to run low tyre

pressure for traction, get a rim lock fitted. Lock it, load it & then let your air out. Unless you want to pinch your front tyre on a rock & get a

puncture, the same pressure applies, min 20 PSI. check your tyre pressure before riding else you may be coming home early.

Brake Pads

Check them for wear. Sand destroys brake pads VERY quickly & guess what? most places you will be riding will be sandy. This is even more

so when riding in wet conditions. The sand or grit gets on your disks and eats away at your brake pads. Check them before you ride your bike.

You should have minimum 3 mm pad left before you ride otherwise you could find yourself with NO brakes. Below 3 mm? get some new pads

in there

Spokes

Depending on your riding style, ability & the power of you engine, you are at some point going to need to tighten your spokes. Before each ride,

check all of your spokes especially in the back wheel to see if any have stretched or snapped. Stomp wheels rarely need the spokes tightening,

but please check them before each ride. If you wheel collapses because of loose or damaged spokes it’s likely to cause a bad crash

Nut & bolt check

Regularly go over your bike & check nuts & bolts. If you have stripped components for service or replacement always use Lock Tight thread

locking compound when you re-assemble. This applies to all nuts & bolts on a pit bike.

Replacement Parts

When you need to replace parts always use genuine stomp parts available from your local stomp dealer or direct from Stomp via mail order. Be

aware that although a part may look like a stomp part it is HIGHLY unlikely to be of the same quality. Places like ebay are littered with copy

substandard pit bike parts, only buy the best, and only buy Stomp original equipment & performance upgrades.

Version 1.0 - October 2009 Prepared by Stomp 2009

Riding Tips For Long Engine Life – IMPORTANT

Do not over rev your engine as you may cause damage to valves & piston. This is particularly applicable to the larger displacement

engines from 140 upwards. Under load the engine is capable of revving into major valve bounce that can cause permanent damage to

your engine. If you feel the power dropping off or start to hear valve bounce it is critical that you change up a gear or ease off the throttle.

Valve bounce is often confused as being a rev limiter. It is not a rev limiter it is the sound of the engine being mechanically incapable of

closing it’s valves fast enough & thus cannot increase it’s own speed further. The resulting effect in extreme cases in the piston hits the

valves & destroys the top end of your engine. Very expensive.

Do not stamp through the gears – always use the clutch. If you do not use your clutch you put excessive load on you gear selector forks

which will wear out very quickly resulting in slipping, jumping or missing gears. In extreme cases, you may bend the selector forks with

the same effect.

If you miss a gear do NOT stamp into gear from high engine revs. Your gear shaft is now rotating at a very high speed, if you stamp into

gear now, your gears will have to mesh at VERY different speeds. This will cause rapid wear or damage to your gear teeth reducing the

life of your gearbox.

Do not drop your clutch heavily, or slip it unnecessarily. Dropping the clutch puts immense strain on your drive train components. Slipping

your clutch will cause excessive wear to your clutch plates.

Version 1.0 - October 2009 Prepared by Stomp 2009
Old 03-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #13
Despise
superpit1337

Bike: CRF70/CRF50base

no offence cause I like stomp bikes

but lol >
Quote:
in our opinion, the best pit bike in the world
in anyones mind of course its not the best

Quote:
not a competition machine
I thought thats what the elite was for

other than that, this is really a good PDF

do you mind if I distribute it?
Despise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #14
stompracing
Senior

Bike: Stomp Elite 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despise View Post
no offence cause I like stomp bikes

but lol >
in anyones mind of course its not the best

I thought thats what the elite was for

other than that, this is really a good PDF

do you mind if I distribute it?
In our opinion it's the best £ for £ for all models, so, yes BEST IN THE WORLD and we are entitled to our opinion, you don't have to agree with it. in adiditona you can take somethings tongue in cheek

We sell competition bikes, if it states it's a competition bike, it is, otherwise, it ain't.

It's a pdf on our website, as long as you distribute it in the way it's presented & not re-hash for your own glory, then of course i have no issues. however, that said i am sure there are plenty of people (companies) out there who will re-hash it.
stompracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #15
PitBikingKing
Wheelie King

Bike: Stocker CRF50

good read pretty much everything i wanted to know about my bike is in there
PitBikingKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #16
harrison27
PBC Legend

Bike: D-LINK 160

Shouldn't Of Posted This It'll Be In Jdbpits Ebay Shop Soon
harrison27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:56 AM   #17
Despise
superpit1337

Bike: CRF70/CRF50base

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompracing View Post
In our opinion it's the best £ for £

in adiditona you can take somethings tongue in cheek
indeed^,

but you said best in the world

Quote:

It's a pdf on our website, as long as you distribute it in the way it's presented & not re-hash for your own glory, then of course i have no issues. .
Indeed I take it as it is, I did say distribute, not dissect
If I want glory I can make my own like the others I make

Quote:
that said i am sure there are plenty of people (companies) out there who will re-hash it.
count me in
Despise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #18
WPB Pitbikes
PBC Legend

We like to periodically Bump this thread so members get a chance to read and hopefully gain some info on maintaining their bikes.

This info is good for ALL makes of Bikes so don't be shy if you don't have a Stomp or WPB, its still useful info.....so stoke up the paper in the printer and print it out NOW!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #19
Bmp-Productions

Bike: klx140 supamoto

Grabbed one even if i dont have a stomp.....may come in handy every now and then
Bmp-Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #20
andyngina
Burning Rubber

Bike: deamon xlr 160

Quote:
Unless you have a rim lock fitted to your rear wheel, do not allow the tyre pressure to drop below 20 PSI. This is of particular importance on

bikes with 140+ cc engines they have the power to spin the wheel inside the tyre & rip the valve off your inner tube. If you want to run low tyre

pressure for traction, get a rim lock fitted. Lock it, load it & then let your air out. Unless you want to pinch your front tyre on a rock & get a

puncture, the same pressure applies, min 20 PSI. check your tyre pressure before riding else you may be coming home early.
would this be for the 12 - 14 wheels ? or are the presures the same on all sizes

ps would it make a difference on what tyres ( brand ) you were running ?
andyngina is offline   Reply With Quote