Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Projects

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Jeggz
Burning Rubber

Bike: custom 125
Snapped frame mounts and engine mounts!

When riding at Joyce Green (Dartford) I managed to snap my frame mounts on the top an thus bending the bolt and also ripping off part of the engine mount on the back. Result was the engine hanging by a single bolt and falling onto the rear brake lever; slowing down quite quickly and a bit confused! Luckily no one was close by so I stopped and grabbed the footrest and to my surprise the whole engine shook. After limping round back to the start I notified my Dad that the day was over with a thumbs down, but luckily there was only like 15 minutes left of riding anyway so a whole day was not wasted.

http://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/attachm...1&d=1347391734

Once home I took it apart and investigated the damage. I needed a new engine and frame, but at my Dad's work is a talented welder who can fix it for me!

Managed to get hold of a ghost 125 engine and a bright orange frame (bit bizzare) for just £30 together. The engine needed another stator plate because I believe the person who owned it did not treat it well, ran it without a flywheel cover, and broke something on the stator. Luckily my broken engine (110cc) is in perfect condition so I used parts from that to make the 125 engine run.

I stripped the frame completely and what do you know? The swinging arm didn't fit and the frame was quite short so not using that. However the top frame mounts have been welded and somehow the talent welder and my Dad are going to try and weld some pipes underneath the frame to strengthen it, kind of like a cradle style frame!!!

Managed to get the engine running on the floor so we know that that works, just got to wait for it to be welded and for me to have some free time!

http://www.pitbikeclub.co.uk/attachm...1&d=1347480624
Jeggz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine mount, frame, frame mount, ghost, modified