Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Club General > Off Topic Discussion > Introductions

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Hi all, new here bit of intro. Im scott, not new to pitbikes but been out of the bike mix for last 10 years. Recently...
  • Hi
    Hi new member south wales...
  • New to it all looking for places to ride in Steven...
    Hi everyone I’m new to pit biking and hoping for some guidance around places to practice I am near Knebworth side of...

Old 13-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
jack leadwood
Senior

Bike: M2R 110 carbon.
Christmas!!!!!

Hi guys I'm thinking of instead of waiting another year to get a bike I might buy a pit bike at Christmas with the money I get off family as I'm getting £250 of parents and i always get around 60 of other relatives but 100 pounds of tht will need spare for some boots chest protector and goggles unless I get em cheaper but any reccomendarions would be nice thanks
jack leadwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
RAPIDSHED
Senior

Bike: Demon XLR 160
Re: Christmas!!!!!

hi mate sink the funds into a bike and pic up the boots helmet goggles and gloves when your ready for a track, no need for the armour on a pit unless on track and stones/grit flying at you, all you need is a helmet for field practice
RAPIDSHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
jack leadwood
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPIDSHED View Post
hi mate sink the funds into a bike and pic up the boots helmet goggles and gloves when your ready for a track, no need for the armour on a pit unless on track and stones/grit flying at you, all you need is a helmet for field practice
Yeah thanks I've got a helmet but I wanna go tracks as my dad says I'm not aloud to ride any were were your not aloud and I'm not aloud to ride the bike without gear I don't need the jersey and pants yet but I'm sure hell let me ride around up the street and Back but is there anywhere i can ride with just a helmet were I'm aloud? (Overprotective parents)
Old 13-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
jack leadwood
Senior

Basically what I'm trying to say is that is there any pit bike tracks that you can ride with just a helmet or whats the least amount of gear You can wear?
Old 13-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
RAPIDSHED
Senior

Bike: Demon XLR 160

where are you located, riding on a track with nothing bar a helmet from my experience is plain daft, i'm new to riding at the grand old age i am, but i've come off a few times, no biggy injuries but glad i had knee pads on and now have enlow pads after it taking a month for a scab to fall off.
RAPIDSHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
minorconfusion
Burning Rubber

Bike: 140 stomp

every track is diff... some let you wear a lid gloves and boots... some want full armour/neck protecter and a jersey... some want you to buy a licence :S some just let you through a gate and tell you "come nock on the door if you hurt yourself/wanna leave"

england is hard work for crossers... especially as the so called legally entitled deffinition map the council should provide of all the green lanes/non highway roads are so hard to find. its hard to find somewhere to just have a bit of fun, random field or the like... so its a case of asking/phoning/emailing tracks and plain asking. ive got young kids nowhere near track ready, dont even know if there gonna really enjopy it or not... managed to find some private land with permission to ride in a few places, but gonna have to bitew the bullet and buy all 3 full gear, a licence each and pay track fees for all 3 just to go for a ride... best part of a 200 quid day out... to use somthing i own :S silly... unfortunate... but its the way it is.

edit, looking for new houses with big gardens as we speak.... little bike, only need a little track lol if its my land then the police can jog on, and you can make all the noise you like from 7am to 11pm, neighbours are gonna love me
minorconfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
jack leadwood
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPIDSHED View Post
where are you located, riding on a track with nothing bar a helmet from my experience is plain daft, i'm new to riding at the grand old age i am, but i've come off a few times, no biggy injuries but glad i had knee pads on and now have enlow pads after it taking a month for a scab to fall off.
Thanks for the advice and I'm located in calverton,notthingham
Old 13-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
jack leadwood
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorconfusion View Post
every track is diff... some let you wear a lid gloves and boots... some want full armour/neck protecter and a jersey... some want you to buy a licence :S some just let you through a gate and tell you "come nock on the door if you hurt yourself/wanna leave"

england is hard work for crossers... especially as the so called legally entitled deffinition map the council should provide of all the green lanes/non highway roads are so hard to find. its hard to find somewhere to just have a bit of fun, random field or the like... so its a case of asking/phoning/emailing tracks and plain asking. ive got young kids nowhere near track ready, dont even know if there gonna really enjopy it or not... managed to find some private land with permission to ride in a few places, but gonna have to bitew the bullet and buy all 3 full gear, a licence each and pay track fees for all 3 just to go for a ride... best part of a 200 quid day out... to use somthing i own :S silly... unfortunate... but its the way it is.

edit, looking for new houses with big gardens as we speak.... little bike, only need a little track lol if its my land then the police can jog on, and you can make all the noise you like from 7am to 11pm, neighbours are gonna love me
Aha my gardens not massive but it's quite large with raised grass with a little wall I could have fun and jump off and with my push bike ive wrecked my back lawn after destroying some orThts grass to make it like a jump but oh well lol
Old 13-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
jack leadwood
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack leadwood View Post
Thanks for the advice and I'm located in calverton,notthingham
And yes I agree is quite daft so I'm gonna see if any1 has any rarely used or mint condition boots on here I'm a size 6 I can't afford new if I'm spending it all on a bike
Old 13-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
Jeggz
Burning Rubber

Bike: custom 125

instead of thinking "where can i ride with hardly anything" start thinking like "i could be in a lot of pain if i dont wear this"

accidents happen, may not even be your fault

anyway get some decent boots so your feet dont twist the wrong way
Jeggz is offline   Reply With Quote