Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > The Workshop

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 04-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
GingerBen21

bad/good news plz help

right i finally got on the road after passing my CBT last thursday so my shineray was road legal.

took it out for a hour or two and it just cut out, like it started to bog everytime i ripped the throttle back it would just bog and if i let it go straight away the engine would barley stay running opposed to stopping.

i thought i'd rejet it at the weekend and it would be fine. so took it out a few more times and it started overheating soooner and sooner. to the point that it would overheat within two minutes of setting off :@

anyway at the weekend got home and found it was running quite lean :s so i knocked the needle down a notch or two on the carb, to richen it up and had a play about with the air screw and got it running fine with a nice brown plug

but now it cuts out every 2 minutes still and overheats :@ :@ :@

anyway i thought **** it as im getting a bigger engine anyway so i thought ive ****ed my engine up i'll just get a 125. couldnt find a single 125 so i ordered one off them loncin 110cc engines off ebay, a mikuini 22mm carb and a foam filter.

here are my questions its goin to need a bigger jet in it i know that for sure so are the non-hex jets on ooracing the ones i need that will fit this carb???

also i brought just the engine so im guessing i'll need a bigger inlet manifold for the bike as the one on my 50 engine atm is literally just midgit.

so which inlet manifold should i order to fit my 22mm carb. (hopin it will work fine with the 110 engine)

also last but not least i need a new gasket that you put between the exhaust n the head (the little circle one) where the hell do i get them lmao. anyway the help would bbe great my carb came today so im waitin on the engine

cheers lewis
GingerBen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
spitfire123

Bike: super stomp 140
Re: bad/good news plz help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerBen21 View Post
right i finally got on the road after passing my CBT last thursday so my shineray was road legal.

took it out for a hour or two and it just cut out, like it started to bog everytime i ripped the throttle back it would just bog and if i let it go straight away the engine would barley stay running opposed to stopping.

i thought i'd rejet it at the weekend and it would be fine. so took it out a few more times and it started overheating soooner and sooner. to the point that it would overheat within two minutes of setting off :@

anyway at the weekend got home and found it was running quite lean :s so i knocked the needle down a notch or two on the carb, to richen it up and had a play about with the air screw and got it running fine with a nice brown plug

but now it cuts out every 2 minutes still and overheats :@ :@ :@

anyway i thought **** it as im getting a bigger engine anyway so i thought ive ****ed my engine up i'll just get a 125. couldnt find a single 125 so i ordered one off them loncin 110cc engines off ebay, a mikuini 22mm carb and a foam filter.

here are my questions its goin to need a bigger jet in it i know that for sure so are the non-hex jets on ooracing the ones i need that will fit this carb???

also i brought just the engine so im guessing i'll need a bigger inlet manifold for the bike as the one on my 50 engine atm is literally just midgit.

so which inlet manifold should i order to fit my 22mm carb. (hopin it will work fine with the 110 engine)

also last but not least i need a new gasket that you put between the exhaust n the head (the little circle one) where the hell do i get them lmao. anyway the help would bbe great my carb came today so im waitin on the engine

cheers lewis

sounds like carbs blocked....

also parts from: ooracing.com
spitfire123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
GingerBen21

not blocked had it in pieces more than once lmao carb is 100% fine

and there is two of each jet for the mikuini slot types?? which one shall i get??

like in a list it goes like this

125 ????
Old 04-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
Nick1992
Wheelie King

Bike: Bandit 6
Cool Re: bad/good news plz help

hi m8, it was me that u did ur CBT with at LDC, i have ordered my shineray 50, we will have to go on a ride sometime, i am only in Stapenhill near bargain booze.seen ur bike on youtube aswell, it looks well nice.
Nick1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
GingerBen21

how ya doin m8 yh i remember ha ha well as soon as i get my 110 engine in im back on the road so we shall go cruising

(also btw to anyone who knows what size manifold do i need to fit a 22mm carb???? i cant find which one to order????? is it the 26mm manifold i need???)