Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Projects

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 22-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
slawzy14
Super King

Bike: pitbike
Road Legal Pit Bike Project

Been a while since ive been on here but thought id come back and share my road legal project with you guys

So here she is, paid £220 for it, was only really after the logbook and plate but had a change of plans for her. Was a non-runner but after testing the stator I found that this was the fault, £8.99 later and I had a running bike, now my focus was on getting the bike looking nice.

The person i got the bike off flipped the bike, and he snapped the brackets to help hold the rear mudguard in place which caused this to flap around, but luckily I had another masai frame which I could use as the subframe off as a doner instead of having to weld new brackets.

went smooching around for bits and bobs and funnily enough i found this frame from the very same person i bought the bike from.I was only after the forks but the guy said i can have the whole lot for £10, so i got a awesome bargain!

So now it was time to start stripping down my frame and fitting new bits and bobs.

Put the forks on and decided id try the swingarm too and see how far off the mounts were to fitting

Chopped the bracket off the other frame and put it in place.

Tied this bar across and let the shock sit freely and the perfect ride height, now i knew exactly where the bracket had to go

So this is how it sat before making new brackets which i am happy with.

Took the bike upto my dads fabricating workshop and Power washed the bike to get most of the mud off

so this was what i cut out and where the new bracket will sit

Used spirit levels to make the frame stand straight so i could get the bracket all aligned straight, the spot welded it in place

had to cut some other sheet metal to strenthen this bracket

This is how the bike sits now i have the new bracket in place all fabricated

Then it was time to strip it all back down and take it back to my parents.

Sprayed the frame, not a proper spray job just literally to protect the frame from rusting.

then Ive starting rebuilding the bike.

I have some graphics, plastics, shock, seat, handguards and grips coming, will be ordering more next week such as supermoto wheels rear brake caliper etc, I should be giving more updates either thursday or the weekend.

Hi everyone heres a little update, still waiting on my shock. my graphics and grips will take a while to come as they came from china, but yeah this is what i recieved

got the plastics on, there not on properly atm because i need to drill a couple of holes for the rear subframe and for the wiring to go through into brake light and indicators.

heres some pictures with the hanguards on, im not sure if these are on the right way so if someone could let me know then that would be great

thats how shes standing at the moment, start of next week i will be ordering my supermoto wheels and rear brake caliper. gonna drop the engine in in the next few days, probably the weekend.

so dropped the engine in over the past update, got her looking to this

then I bought another crappy pit bike for spares which i saved myself alot of money on and sold it on for £10 less than i paid for it so basically got my brake caliper and new swingarm and shock for £10 and the rear brake looks basically new, this was what was left after i stripped it for spares.

then i had a present from the post man, the thing ive looked most fowad too.

started putting them on.

got some old beaten crap wheels on just to wheel the bike in and out so this is her then

then on saturday i decided to crack on witht the bike a little more, tightening evrything up properly ready to finish

also got the rest of the graphics on, still debating whether i should put the tank decals on and swingarm.

got both breaks on and all ready but still aint completely happy with how the bike was looking so decided the foor bar engine casing and brake pedal all needed a lick of paint just to give it a bit more of a finishing touch and make it look tidier.
nothing special but does the job as youll see from the imagine after this one.

also gave the bike a wash down with the hose pipe. she looks so much nicer now!

ordered wheels today, no longer ordered supermoto as these were alot more expensive so ive ordered off road ones with discs sprockets etc, this aint going to be a bike used daily or even in the rain it will just be a toy in the sun. so the knobblys wont be a problem for me, also means i can have a little bit of fun off road whilst im out and about

it is also a daytime only bike now hense why all lights have been removed. have kept all lights and wiring for when the bike ever goes onto a new owner its there choice if they want to add the lights back on themselves.

so yeah guys the bike will be finished soon and will have plenty more images soon
Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoy!
slawzy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
slawzy14
Super King

Re: Road Legal Pit Bike Project

Hi everyone uodate as i said there would
Old 05-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
slawzy14
Super King

just a before and after picture so far to show this bikes transformation. i think its great! update above btw

Old 06-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #4
Renaulttom
Training

Bike: Wpb 125 crf70

That's a really nice bike what swing arm and shock did you use
Renaulttom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #5
slawzy14
Super King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaulttom View Post
That's a really nice bike what swing arm and shock did you use
swingarm and shock is from a demon x bud, will be more updates soon.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
deanash1993
Novice

Bike: none at min

nice, i want to make a pitbike, dirtbike road legal too.
what do I need to do it. like parts and things ?
thanks
deanash1993 is offline   Reply With Quote