Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Pit Bike Discussion

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #21
bluemasaiash
Banned

Bike: 2 feet
Re: Charity run - lands end - John O groats

iv been looking at you other thread about the trip on piston heads and it includes going onto the m5 but nothing under 125cc can go on there can they and neither can people displaying L plates??? but if the 50ccs were to come surly there would be a different route available

ASH
Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #22
J.I.M
BOTM Winner 2008

I think the sensible way to do it would be:

Each rider is responsible for their own bike, clothing, safety, spares, insurance, etc.

We dont mind sorting the venues, route, Ill provide the jeep for storing all the spares etc. But theres no way we/I can provide spares/parts for everyones bike. And I dont mind sorting a website for sponsors.

Dont worry - It will all be worth it when you get to ride these:

Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #23
minimaterix

Bike: crf450

Quote:
Originally Posted by binge View Post
I'll have to get a few bits done on the Masai too. Will have to come up with some bracketry to relocate the plate in a legal place. And a brighter headlight.

I guess once we can get some decent interest in this, We can look at arranging some dates.

As for Charity? Whats the deal with choosing a charity?

Ben
I say we have a poll out of a few well known charities one of the favs would be cancer research IMO
Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #24
J.I.M
BOTM Winner 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemasaiash View Post
iv been looking at you other thread about the trip on piston heads and it includes going onto the m5 but nothing under 125cc can go on there can they and neither can people displaying L plates??? but if the 50ccs were to come surly there would be a different route available

ASH
Thats not my thread - just showed some good pics. The route would be as many windy fun to ride roads as possible - no motorways.

Jim
Old 05-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #25
DirtBikeDan
Super King

I think to anyone whos considering riding a 50, you will be wanting to go home after a few hours due to arm pump lol
Old 05-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #26
bluemasaiash
Banned

Bike: 2 feet

ok no problem here then give it 2 months at the most and ill have all my spares and everything i need for my bike then ill just need to come up with the money for the rest then. will nightly pub stops be permitted before bed?

ASH
Old 05-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #27
J.I.M
BOTM Winner 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by binge View Post
MacMillan would be my first choice. They looked after my Uncle brilliantly. They are also doing a great job of looking after a friend of mine at the moment who has leukemia.

Jim those roads look fantastic!

As for bringing clothes etc along. I am guessing we can put all this stuff in the Jeep?

Ben
Yep - no worries with putting stuff in the jeep. (It also has a bike rack fitted incase anyone has any terminal problems and needs a lift) Will need to look at how the charity thing works. I dont want to mess anyone around so - it will be a case of sorting it all out then getting sponsorhip for charities.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:33 PM   #28
minimaterix

Bike: crf450

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeDan View Post
I think to anyone whos considering riding a 50, you will be wanting to go home after a few hours due to arm pump lol
How do you work that out when other people are riding 125+ you do know the faster the bike the more likley you are to get arm pump? lmao.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #29
DirtBikeDan
Super King

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimaterix View Post
How do you work that out when other people are riding 125+ you do know the faster the bike the more likley you are to get arm pump? lmao.

no m8, as you will be a full throttle on a 50 all the time, and on a bigger bike this isnt the case
Old 05-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #30
Alex10
Wheelie King

Bike: Aprilia RX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeDan View Post
no m8, as you will be a full throttle on a 50 all the time, and on a bigger bike this isnt the case
Well, if your full throttle ALL the time then your less likely go get arm pump you 'cos you wont be moving your wrist as much.
Closed Thread