Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Classifieds > eBay Auctions

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 08-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #31
cybernezz

Bike: Demon X 140
Re: Electric Pit-bike

Check this guy out, he runs 2 of the Turnigy motors.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Humboldt.../3/woRV6eaLLcQ

A few people have re-wound the motors I believe and also the speed position on a outrunner motor is poor - you have to be mega steady on the throttle otherwise it goes out of sync.

It is possible to use them with Hall sensors for the speed position sensors but I'm not 100% confident with them and the torque on those motors has been questioned before (of course you can manually play with gearing).

I know a guy that has fully converted a scooter and that runs of that specific turnigy motor! and its quicker than any other petrol scooter.
cybernezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #32
Dangle_kt
PBC Legend

Cool.

How long do you expect 10Ah to last?

I know lipo has better discharge capacity, so will do more than sla would.

How much do you think the setup has cost you? Pm me if you don't want to post it up.
A breakdown of the parts would be really useful too, as you'll know what works together.

I'm Skint at the moment. So won't be for a few months to be honest. I will do one eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernezz View Post
Hey Dangle_kt,

Believe it or not lipo is cheaper than SLA! When you start off most people that have EV experience say - oh start with SLAs its a good starting point, but to be honest - SLA never works, its just too heavy to do anything.
I paid £50 more for the SLAs and got them at a great price too.
You just have to really monitor them and balance them / charge them correctly.
Front sprocket, well - given the bike wont ever do more than 40+ off road - I got my friend who runs a garage to weld a 428 15t front pit sprocket to the little star sprocket.

Throttle isnt a issue either - they phase in with the controller and have a gradual feed - works fine with a brushed motor, brushless motors (like RC motors) are the ones where there are problems.. / gets complicated.

With the wiring,essentially if the wires run warm/hot then there too thin. You cant go wrong with too large gauge wire - I used 30a wire I think which is alot thicker than any other wires available tbh - wires havent ever been hot (so far) so no energy lost.

I'm no electrics guru at all, just thought it cant be that hard and started to give it a go.

I've learnt soooooo much tho since starting a couple of months back. You should give it a go - Hopefully I'll convince a couple of others toget going soon
Dangle_kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #33
cybernezz

Bike: Demon X 140

Hey dangle_kt,

I've PM'd.
regards,
Neil
cybernezz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
childs, dirt bike, electric, kids, pitbike