Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Club General > Off Topic Discussion > Introductions

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Hi all, new here bit of intro. Im scott, not new to pitbikes but been out of the bike mix for last 10 years. Recently...
  • Hi
    Hi new member south wales...
  • New to it all looking for places to ride in Steven...
    Hi everyone I’m new to pit biking and hoping for some guidance around places to practice I am near Knebworth side of...

Old 09-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
trees
Novice

Bike: Suda 200cc
100% New To Bikes

I have always wanted a scrambler/off-road bike since i had a Honda Vision 50cc as a 16year old . I seen a old m8 3 weeks ago and he told me he was selling his Dirt/Pit bike (Not sure of the difference) for 200 quid so i bought it straight away. Things kinda took a slight downward turn after that . Im 100% new to bikes , i have no idea how to fix them . I was told to buy 4 stroke oil and mix it 50:1 with petrol . ( I later found out that it was completely the wrong thing to do ) . So i poured it into the tank and before i knew it it was pouring out of the bottom of the tank . There was no pipe coming from under the tank and the pipe that went into the Fuel switch that should have been going to the tank was going to some part in the carb . After some searching online i found out the fuel was useless so i now have a jerry can full of mixed oil and fuel that i dont know what to do with it . thankfully because of his dodgy pipework it never entered the carb . I then bought some pipe from motorworld and put all the pipes where they should go and put in neat petrol this time . Petrol started pouring out from underneath the carb this time . By now im at my wits end as i was told it was "Pour in the petrol and your away" . I took it to a motorbike mechanic close by and he pointed out that there is a flat head screw going into the bottom pipe it poured out of and i should screw it in to stop the petrol coming out . Failing that to clean the carb out . STRESSED . Then i found out that there was no air filter on the bike . I lie , there was about 5% left of the rotting filter and down the housing and the boot was bits of straw and twigs . So my next step is to buy a new air filter and get some carb cleaner spray . Take the carb out and clean it . I have probably spent 10 hours watching youtube vids and reading forums etc trying to find out what i need to do to get this bike up and running . Im not gonna carry on posting my problems in this section cos i think ive complained enough . Over time im gonna become annoying with all of my questions . As a compromise if u have any building / carpentry problems just PM me
trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
jellybaby
PBC Veteran

Bike: D-Link 155
Re: 100% New To Bikes

Welcome mate.

don't worry about the questions you have to ask, that's what we're here for!

I would recommend taking the carb of, take the bowl off and then spraying the carb cleaner through the jets and on the bowl to get rid of any dirt particles, put it back together and tighten the over flow screw up like said. And try putting fuel through it again. Obviously dont fill the tank other wise if it does come out then you will loose a lot of petrol.

Take it from their really and get an air filter soon!

Joe
jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
pitbikeingmad
Compulsive Poster

Bike: monstermoto sxf

Welcome to PBC, dont worry about the questions, as that is what he are here for (aslong as you use the search button first).

I am 16 and can build these bikes ground up, once you work your way around the bike, its the easiest thing you'l do!

Whats your first question? fire away!

Law

PS:

As above, yes take that fitler off now, and put it in the bin until your new one arrives.
take the carb off, give it a good clean, the reason your carb is over filling with petrol is probably because the floats cant move freely. so take it apart, and give it a clean.
pitbikeingmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
skippy #247
PBC Legend

Bike: stomp klx155ho

welcome mate and everyone has to start some where, this is a great place to ask those questions
skippy #247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
yt#79
Burning Rubber

Bike: M2R KMX 140

Look at it as a good thing and the fact that mixed petrol never got into the engine!

But hi and welcome. This is what internet forums are for, venting a little frustration and gathering help & advice

Haven't you got any mechanical minded friends that can help you, or see your friend who you bought it from? Half of riding a bike is understanding how they work and having a basic knowledge of how to fix them is a must really.

Do you know what sort of bike it is? Post some pictures up which might be helpful as well.

They aren't that hard though if you go careful, and take note of what goes where etc.
yt#79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
JordyRoo
PBC Legend

Bike: CR250 & KLX195

ok i had a carb knockin about so i took few pictures to help you.#

1st remove your carb

then remove the bottom four screws to take the bowl off

after that remove the 2 GOLD looking screws, you may need a pair of pliers for the bigger 1.
These are called jets and will look like this

these will need cleanin so you can see through all the little holes, use a tiny pin or somethin like it.

To stop fuel comin out the bottom constantly you will need to set the float, all this means is bendin this flap slightly down

You may have to take the bowl off & set the float a few times to get it right, trial & error!

Good luck & welcome!!
JordyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
trees
Novice

Bike: Suda 200cc

Thank you for the help . The cleaning of carb im going to set aside 2 hours of uninterrupted time away from the kids to concentrate and make sure im thorough with it . I cant for the life of me find a way of getting the carb out from inside the bike . Which ever way i twist/turn/swivel it it always ends up stuck on something by 5 ml . My plan of action is to take the screws out from underneath inside the chasis and it should slip through then . Those pics and step by step bits are a god-send . Like i said before ive watched loads of vids and read loads about cleaning them but never noticed the holes before so thank u again for the tip about using a pin to clean them out . Even though it has been a major bitch taking the bike apart and fiddling with it it just to have a go on it, it has been fun .... in a peverse way . Im trying to think of it as a giant mechano set . Instead of looking at it with my novice eyes and shuddering im trying to think about it properly. Everything does something and follow with that rule of thumb i should be ok . The crazy thing is i havnt drove a geared bike since i was 16 . Thats 11 years ago . Im starting from 100% scratch

This is the original Air filter housing i took out

Ive had a look around ebay etc and cant find any kind of filter that would fit it . Also the "nibs" that i assume the filter sits on are crumbling away so i think i would need a whole new housing .

I have bought these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1807645162...84.m1439.l2649

Im hoping that as they say they are for 200cc and japanese import models (which i think the suda is) it should be good enough for the bike . Im leaning towards putting them on the end of the boot and tightening up the clip around the boot to create a tight seal . The other way im thinking is attach it straight to the carb but i have a feeling it will only get extra dirty in there . I havnt been able to find any filters or new housing that match the originals . Searching for "Suda" on google brings up loads of Sudan hits .

This is the bike as it is now . Stripped and waiting for fixing in my shed

trees is offline   Reply With Quote