Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Other Bikes > Moto-X

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• malaguti grizzly
    hi guys first post on the forum ive just restored a malaguti grizzly mx for my grandson.the purple framed model with...
  • Nepal Treks & Tours Pvt. Ltd
    Welcome Nepal Travel Tour Company always welcome to any Travel Agency, Tour agencies,...
  • super bike
    I am going to buy new super bike can you please help...

Old 09-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
harrison27
PBC Legend

Bike: D-LINK 160
Which bike?

as most of you know/saw had my bikes nicked on tuesday night, small update is that the YZ is still awol. the Tri-z trike has been broken down for parts, thats the worst part. whoever dismantled has no idea what they were dealing with or how hard it would be to shift the parts.

Basically i dont have as much passion for bikes as i did, and to be honest id rather just call it a day and avoid the disappointment of losing stuff again but ive decided not to give up just yet and replace the stolen bikes with something id maybe use abit more and enjoy just as much.

This is where i need some advice.

im looking at a big wheel crosser, would be either a YZ or CR85, 04 onwards on the CR and as new as possible for the YZ.

or a CRF150, ive always fancied a crf. Mint looking bikes and being fourstroke obviously abit easier to ride than a yz or cr.

the bike will converted to supermoto spec, not a major spec list just wheels,bobbins,suspension stiffening and the other little bits.

Im two stroke through and through but CRFs are reall catching my eye, i know a few people have converted them to supermoto. im not looking to race just trackdays and a fun bike.

so what would you guys go for? please only comment if you have a braincell
harrison27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
minorconfusion
Burning Rubber

Bike: 140 stomp
Re: Which bike?

sorry for your loss......

have you thought about road ish bikes? would get more use out of it an really enjoy it
minorconfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
harrison27
PBC Legend

Dont have a licence nor do I really want to take the test because I dont plan on being in the U.K. for too many years to come.

Plus im 18, still at college, only work part time on a low wage, couldnt afford a nice bike, bike test and then insurance and general upkeep.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
tandy
Wheelie King

Bike: CRF150R SM

CRF150 is not the way to go if you are on a limited budget, i know as i've been building one, upkeep of the motor isn't cheap and as for converting it, its not as easy as you think

suspension has been a real pain and without some major technical help is not an easy job bud

2t on a budget is a better option
tandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
harrison27
PBC Legend

Saw your thread Andy, its not so much limited budget its more not a road bike budget like mentioned.

after looking at whats out there, ive decided to wait for a low hour stock YZ and CR to pop up.

one of each should do the trick.

then go for some 12" "mag" wheels, but in regard to that all the dhz ones have a bearing issue? i know alot of people have rectified this but i dont want to get caught out so who is the best to get these from?

then obviously the fitment, ive done a set of YZ ones and the front is piss easy, 220 disc and some m12 washers then just turn down a set of spacers.

rear was a bit more effort, will probably do it right this time and take 5mm off each side of the hub rather than grind the swinger/axle tensioners.

anyway thats a basic over view of a YZ conversion for anyone interested...

Andy do you know if the CR and CRF share the same forks/swinger? im guessing not but you never know i cant imagine them being to dissimilar, so how did you get on with mags on that?

wont be getting bikes until insurance pays out for a new toolbox but until then il keep my eyes on whats out there
Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
tandy
Wheelie King

i'm not sure on whether the swingers are the same, are you talking about doing a CR125?

pretty much all the DHZ wheels are crap (was down to the centre bearing spacer tube) but i'm still using them as after a couple of trials with other wheels on the CRF i found the DHZ went in the easiest, rear almost went straight in with zero messing at all, just a couple of new spacers but the front was an absolute arse, it actually all came down to the caliper mounting points which are very deep into the wheel and dont have any real amount of room to be machined down so the wider mags (which i really wanted) just would not fit, ended up pushing the wheel way off centre
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
harrison27
PBC Legend

No, CR85 Big wheel, 04+ (twin shroud tank model)

Hmmm maybe spokes will be a better choice then, cheers for the info on the wheels
Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
tandy
Wheelie King

i want to do spokes eventually, gonna get another set of genuine hubs and have central wheel lace rims onto them, talon wheels would be lovely but at £315 a wheel i think they can keep them
Old 13-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
the vet 64
Training

Bike: Pister pro 160

Stick with the pits and invest in some good locks what ever bike you have if it's not secure it got a good chance of being nicked
the vet 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
minorconfusion
Burning Rubber

Bike: 140 stomp

my bikes live indoors..... if your misses dont like it get a single bed.. room for another
minorconfusion is offline   Reply With Quote