Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Classifieds > Wanted

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 30-05-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
Solly

Honda 50cc Z50R Engine

Hi guys and gals, i know a few of you have Z50R's on here so this shouldn't be too much of a long shot but i'm looking for an original Honda 50cc semi auto engine from a 1980's Z50R. I'm not interested in any chinese copies either so don't even think about it . I'm not fussed at all about the condition as long as it's complete and repairable.

let me know what you have, Olly_Trials@hotmail.com

Cheers.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
mysterious_rider
PBC Legend

Bike: z50,mk2 golf.
Re: Honda 50cc Z50R Engine

good luck with that, if you knew that people on here had z50's you'd also know none of them have the original engines in

its cheaper and just as reliable to buy a chink engine. no point paying out for a genuine engine unless you planning on selling up as it will bump the price up.
mysterious_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #3
Solly

Right well first and foremost just because people aren't using honda engines dosen't mean to say they don't have any knocking around dose it, secondly no chinese engine will ever be as reliable as a original honda engine i think the fact that there are 60's cubs that are still running around is a testament to that fact. Restorations don't work very well in my eyes without the propper kit either, if i wanted just any old engine i would buy one off ebay where they are 10 a penny.

As above if you have anything let me know.
Old 30-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
mysterious_rider
PBC Legend

Bike: z50,mk2 golf.

first and foremost you're in the wrong place, love. this is a minibike forum. not a honda restoration/ancient/pre world war 1/ bike forum. this is a minibike forum where there are chinese engines and racing engines. you need a honda forum or something. this just isnt the place
mysterious_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
Solly

Really are you going to argue about this?.

There's people selling and wanting mountain bikes and other non related items on here and all of a sudden i ask for an engine that is virtually the same format as any other engine on here save for a few less CC's and to try and prove a point you have a good moan about it?. The last time i checked Z50R's were mini bikes and off road models at that so i don't really see what your trying to get at here. It never hurts to try these forums as there's a pretty good chance someone will have one and who are you to stop them making a few extra beer vouchers on the side?.

People can do without these child like quibbles mate so unless you have something constructive or heaven forbid something that may be of use to me to say why don't you go and bother someone else because i for one can definately do without.

Your pretty sceptical about people posting about Honda minibikes on here which i find quite ironic and almost hypocritical considering you ride a Honda ATC. This leads me even more to belive that your posting bollocks like that purely in an attempt to impress a few people.

And sorry did you call me "love"?
Old 30-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
stompgeorge

Bike: Super stomp 140

i never herd of this bike i dnt think
r they like tht little geared 50s like on 50 nuts an that?
stompgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote