Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Articles

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
Lewis_#101

Bike: Reeg CRF
Post Buyers Guide To Budget Chinese Minibikes

A Guide to All known Chink Bikes

Ok so I fell I need to write this guide as there are so many questions for these bikes. Here are a few pointers to buying one

ââ?¬Â¢ Donââ?¬â?¢t be fooled by ââ?¬Å?massive x amount of horse power all these bike will put out around 6 hp no more
ââ?¬Â¢ ââ?¬Å?Adjustable upside down forksââ?¬Â seeing as even marzooci 32mm arenââ?¬â?¢t adjustable I doubt a bike for under Ã?£500 has them
ââ?¬Â¢ ââ?¬Å?alloyââ?¬Â you will hear this a lot although aluminium is great the type they use are low quality, wrongly welded or just to thin

Type 1: New BBR type bikes

It seems that these bikes are ok if youââ?¬â?¢re the ââ?¬Å?field hacker typeââ?¬Â but if you are serious and intend to go on a track itââ?¬â?¢s not really worth it although if youââ?¬â?¢re just out for a Sunday ride, go for it but be ready when you start to go faster have to upgrade.

Type 2: Mad Bikes

Just look at them in my opinion avoid at all costs I�ve seen their bikes in person and I was astounded how low quality and how expensive they are to be honest stay away.
They will break as soon as you hit a bump look at the klx copy it already looks bent and at �£400-�£500+ I would rather ride something else but all to their own I guess.
Claimed spec:
� Front & rear hydraulic disc brakes
� Wavy, vented front & rear disc
� Upside down front forks!
� Larger wheels 14" front 12" rear
� up risers & higher handle bars
� Manual 4 speed gear box
� Powerful 125cc,4 Stroke engine
� Massive 9bhp
� Alloy handlebars
� Alloy swing arm
� Alloy pegs
� Alloy brake reservoirs
� Anodized colored wheels

Type 3: Pit-bull Minix

Available from the famous http://www.westbankimports.com

Specification includes: Aluminum Frame and Swing Arm, Semi Adjustable Inverted Forks, Aluminum BMX Bars, 10" Wheels with Anodized Alloy Rims, CRF Style Plastics Billet Hubs fitted with Wave Rotors, Front & Rear Disc Brakes, Chromed Alloy Gas Cap including pipe and Breather Valve, Grip Seat, Aluminum skid plate.

To the un trained eye look a very good bike and I must say myself they look ok for a mess about, but one thing I can say these Chinese donââ?¬â?¢t make very strong ally parts and struggle to make working suspension as you can see the shock on this is going to be very bouncy with no rebound or compression at all, were as the forks are based on the popular x rosins which Iââ?¬â?¢m told are very good most of the time but are now quite rare, and at least they had the sense to put a single pot calliper on the back which although will still lock up every time you touch it is better than the twin pot. This bike is again idle for the ââ?¬Å?fun riderââ?¬Â but on a track will survive but for how long?one advantage I will say is at least west bank sell aftermarket parts so when I all goes wrong there are backups.

Type 4: white knuckle 125cc pit bike

From the makers of ram quads etc, now I haven�t seen one in the real minibike seen expect a prototype and I used to be semi sponsored by these guys on a quad and most of their stuff is pretty safe although one thing I did notice that it had a 2 pot calliper on the rear and a cheap looking shock and felt rubbish, although the bike does look smart

I

Conclusion:so out of these lot it seems that the pitbull or white knuckle seem the best of the worst but more bike are need to make this fair which i will add as soon as i get some feed back so add me on msn to review your bike
I will try to update it asap.

more will be added soon