Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Meetings/Tracks

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 11-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #1
Ebeneezergood
Burning Rubber

Bike: M2R 140cc crf70
Cool Calling all Riders, Calling all riders, Woooh woooh,

Hi guys,
I am just wondering how much reponse I am going to get setting up a bigish meet here in wales, there are enough off road tracks to go riding all day and stay off main roads, So my question is, who'd be interested? I have a very big place so anybody coming over can park safely. Plenty of coffe and tea bags for anyone travelling from a long way. Im friends with the bloke who set up this monkey bike meet years ago, I worked with him at the same Railway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjMQa6f6EZw
Looking to do something similar but for trail riding basically,
here are some of the trails and scenery,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_nAqWm1H6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73QhjDyAYtc

come on guys roll up roll up!!
Ebeneezergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
lolol
On Stabilizers

Bike: wpb race 160
Re: Calling all Riders, Calling all riders, Woooh woooh,

i would be up for this some of the views in your vids are awsome
lolol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
k80m_paul
Super King

Bike: five-o yx140

this is gonna be a tough one for you. not only is the forum pretty quiet these days but you're trying to organise one big illegal ride out. unless you have lots of people with road legal bikes to go green laning with. if you were to keep it to a private track where it is legal to ride you may get a better response.

best of luck dude.
k80m_paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
chace
Wheelie King

Bike: LMX MXT 160 4v

Quote:
Originally Posted by k80m_paul View Post
you're trying to organise one big illegal ride out
Funny, I thought the same thing.

Not to get a anal about it but, funny enough...it came to my attention a few weeks ago that police actually watch the forums

And I'm not joking.

Keep it legal
chace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
Ebeneezergood
Burning Rubber

No offence taken guys, Im actually glad to get the feedback, I have noticed a sparse population here, but Im really against facebook so its this or nothing! Yes it is against the law to ride on the road without it being registered im well aware of this. However, id say 75% of the trails I ride, are owned by local farmers, I am from a farming family myself, and living in a small welsh community, everyone knows you and what you get up to. I have permission to ride over a lot of these trails, i wouldnt bet my house on it but i believe its not illegal if you have the land owners permission to ride on bridleways or byways and any lane/disused track as long as its on their land. Dont quote me on it but i vaguely remember hearing footpaths are still a no go whether private land or not. Unfotunatley having to cross the main road for me is a bit of a pain but, live and let live is my philosophy. My offer is open to anyone and everyone. Whether your a road registered or not. Police can monitor the forums all they want. Im not an advocater of breaking the law but when your doing no harm to anyone riding a trail, The police are generally not going to turn up. Maybe in the citys and if your pisssing people off yea I totally agree, its all about the rider I think, if your a dick your going to get the police on your back whether your on a bike or not, if your generally a decent person who isnt in trouble with the police, round here the chances are youl be left alone. I ride bridleways and always make sure I stop and kill my engine if i see a horse or give way to people walking or MB. And in doing so ive never had the police called. you can see from my videos, I never meet a soul usually. Ive got a big trail coming up from sea level to 3000ft. Unfortunatley It means crossing some roads but its a calculated risk. My highest altitude so far is about 1600ft. I have got my nova form filled and ready to post this week. So hopefully it wont be long and i wont have to be sowing my arse up everytime i take the risk. Peace and love all you 2 wheelers.
Old 19-09-2015, 11:37 PM   #6
Pete365
On Stabilizers

Bike: Wpb 160cc 2win
I'm In mate where do I sign
Pete365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 11:38 PM   #7
Pete365
On Stabilizers

Bike: Wpb 160cc 2win

And my two brothers that's 1 wpb 2win 1 stomp z2 1 stomp z2R.
Pete365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2015, 05:02 PM   #8
pit bike pete!
Wheelie King

Bike: stomp 150 yx

where abouts r you in sheep lane (wales)
just that i,am up in manchester ,,
pit bike pete! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #9
Ebeneezergood
Burning Rubber

I am in Mid Wales Pete, Type in Fairbourne LL35 and you should get a rough estimate. its about 3hours from Deansgate to here, (used to have a shared apartment there) Il be honest, There hasnt been much interest at all really, dont think this site has a lot of traffic. I dont have facebook either as I dont have the patience for it. I think it would be a long time waiting to get a lot of people together, so If you want im happy to take people out for the day, plenty of different tracks that have varying levels of difficulty, Ive done some videos on youtube so your welcome to check out whats on the cards. Just let me know.

Youtube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8O8AmFNCMc