Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Reviews

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 02-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
scotty83

Bike: ghost mx 125cc
Exclamation caution ghost mx bikes are very unsafe

this is more a warning than a reveiw i bought a ghost mx as a spare bike too my moter cross bike and all i have too say too any one out there buying one of these cheap chinise bikes DONT!!!!!!! i looked after the bike better than my kx250 after every time it was out it was cleaned and dryed then i would ofcourse oiled the chain and the other parts that need it and then go round the hole bike with tools too make sure nothing was loose well the last time i had it out one of the bolts on my front disk sheered jamming in my caliper locking the front end and about fifty i broke my collar bone its not good.

i bought this bike as a fun bike and never really jamp it or raced it i used just too get out when my kx was off the track . getting back too the bolts sheering its not lack of maintenece that was a facter far from it i have looked at the bolt in question and its a low quality alloy not steel as it should be nor did it have lock nut on it not like it would of helped with the sheering of the bolt but it should have lock nut on it now im not an expert but these bolts that are on the running gear should be made from the highest quality metal not an alloy that crumbles under normal use if ur thinking of buying one of these so called pit dirt bike i recomend you do some home work as i didnt and spend at least 600 pounds on it. now may not ride again due too the injurie i received

ghost bikes:cens ored:
scotty83 is offline   Reply With Quote