Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Reviews

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
SammyT
BOTM Winner 2009

Bike: KX85, Stomp150k
Stomp 150k

Hi. im doing a review on the Superstomp 150K. which i purchased for £650 from welshpitbikes.co.uk.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

I found the assembly quite easy. it took me about an hour to fully assemble. i found the plastics a bit hard to get on as it was tricky getting the nut over the bolt that has to go through the side shrouds to keep the peice in place. but after i did this everything else was a breeze!
The bike was very smart but i already knew i would change the plastics/graphics. the originals on the bike were great but out of personal perspective i decided to change the graphics at a later stage. i also noticed that the side panels were sticking out were they came into contact with the side shroud. but a bit of manly force sorted that out

FIRST START UP:

When i tryed to start the bike up. it took a few kicks. but when it got going the sound was orgasmic!!. a very broad and throaty rev. Although i noticed i had petrol leaking out of my overflow pipe from the carbuerretor. but after slightly adjusting the float the problem was solved. 10 minute job and now runs perfectly!!.

First picture after assembly:

FIRST RIDE:

I took the bike to my local field to have a test run and begin the running in process. the bike started after 2 kicks . i put it into gear and began my ride. even though i was taking it slow i definately noticed the low end power difference than to my old superstomp 110. it felt faster. as i weaved through the corners and through tight trails i thought the handleing was excellent, the tyres had great grip and it didnt miss a beat through the muddy and boggy conditions!. i took the bike back after a while and washed her off.

SNOW RIDE.

When britain had the bad snow. i couldnt resist but to take my bike out in the snow. so i took my bike to the local fields(with the land owners permission obcourse). and had a little rally about. now i expected it to be sliding out everywere and taking me to the ground with it. but i was surprised at the grip of the tires and the handling. i took the bike threw tricky corners and tight paths but it didnt slip.

UPDATE.

I decided to change the plastics to green and change the graphics to green Two Brothers Racing graphics with 414 numbers. i also changed the stock bars to Pro Tapers and added some nice grips aswell. the old parts were perfectly fine. just cosmetic improvements imo. so heres a few pictures of my 150k in her current form:

Please feel free to comment on what you think of my review so far and any of your opinions of the bike. i will be updating the bikes progress and stats as i get the chance to ride when the weather gets better. thanks.

Sam

LITLLE UPDATE : Going to order an AHP dress up kit and Boyeson Igntion Cover soon. ill post up pics when i put them on when i order.

Sam
SammyT is offline   Reply With Quote