Go Back   Pit Bike Club > PBC Info Base > PBC Reviews

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 16-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
kirky1991
Wheelie King

Bike: Road legal 140
Welsh Pit Bikes 'Noise Widget'

Doesnt fit my bike properly Its actualy Exhaust dependant if it will fit. Two washers and some instructions and packaging printed with a printer running out of ink.

If you have a Crf exhaust it is almost garuented to work. Well be usuable with the small washer as it fits between the link pipe and the end can

Could only use the big washer beacause the other one goes where the link pipe enters the end can. which i dont have because my exhaust end can and section of my exhaust are welded.

Didnt make it quiter to a satifaction. Infact it was minimal... Just less thumpier. To me,there's a difference between making things quiter and making things sound naff. This made mine sound worse with little noise reduction. I'm geussing it 'could've' made it 'quiter' HAD the other 'Washer' fit

Welsh pit bikes may want to add a picture to their website so people KNOW what they are buying. Also add that it wont fit perimeter framed bikes due the the exhaust link pipe to the baffle

Price wise.

Its OK.

Sounds naff

Description was poor

No idea of what was comming through the post
kirky1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
Despise
superpit1337

Bike: CRF70/CRF50base
Re: Welsh Pit Bikes 'Noise Widget'

of the fact its just a washer.

also your ment to take your end can off (as you said though yours is welded) and fit it between the downpipe and the can anyway, not at the can end exit
Despise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
WPB Pitbikes
PBC Legend

Bike: WPB 2WIN

They are tried and tested on the bikes listed.

Stomp 110cc 125cc 140cc
Demon 110cc 140cc
Stomp 125k

I note the reviewer's exhaust is not listed, but it did fit.

They do knock off a considerable amount of decibels as we have tested them with a noise meter.

And its the thumping sound that causes the noise trouble.

They are £2.99 inc P&P delivered, and yes the printer was running out of ink

They have been used on tracks that specify a maximum exhaust exit bore for environmetal regulations, this being the regulation for riding, when exit bore on some exhausts is just way too big to qualify.

They do not make them road legal quiet, as that requires internal baffling.

They are simple easy to fit adaptors to get past some track regulations and are easy to remove as and when required.

To be honest its not worth selling these at a price below £2.99 delivered.

If you want to spend time and money going out to search for a similar sized set of washers to do the job then thats ok.

We are working on an internal baffle noise reduce system but that will be considerably more expensive.
WPB Pitbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
kirky1991
Wheelie King

Bike: Road legal 140

Despise;

I understood that your ment to take of your end can and such, I even dismantle my exhaust to try to fit it internaly...No Luck!

Haveagoade; It did fit kind of. Only one washer which in my opinion wasnt enough to quiten the exhaust noticably other than dampen the thump.

The price was good. But a better description on your website would be good.

I understand that they werent road legal 'baffle' things.

You may want to say that they are a 'Simple' baffle device @just' to pass track rules etc. They're only easy to remove 'If' You dont have to Epoxy/superglue like stated in the instructions.

I wasnt haveing a bash at WBP. In fact i think that your a good person and company. Just a tad more explanation on the item would help alot of people.
kirky1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
Despise
superpit1337

Bike: CRF70/CRF50base

i got one a few weeks back but wouldnt fit my yoshimura TRS as the design is different, however in general theres a proper silencer baffle for my exhaust (since its a proper exhaust manufacture) but there very hard to come by anywhere i look, but inplace of the baffle I can put a huge washer in there, i may need to grind it flatter though inless i can buy myself a thinner washer as it fits between the end can (end is unbolt-able) and the straight through tube
Despise is offline   Reply With Quote