Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Other Bikes > Road Legal

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 10-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #21
spexx
Super King

Bike: Honda Cub 70
Talking Re: My new Girl...cub 90

Quick update as i've built the bike back up to rideable condition lol. Need to fabricate a headlight mount as the headlight is currently facing up, surely get stopped for that lol.

Now I Need a cg125 swing arm to lengthen the bike for the right look.

Headlight also facing a bit to the left so definatley need a proper mount.
Indicators bolted to frame were legshield used to be.

Going to try and mount the reg over the rear wheel like normal, or might make a seat with a back rest and bolt the reg plate on the seat rest.

Smiths speedo fitted straight on my current speedo cable. But need to change the speedo gearing to the original cub gearing to get a more accurate speed reading. Its currently reading 3:1 ratio. When it says you doing 60 you really doing 20...120mph you really doing 40 Or might fit a kmh to mph converter as i believe that slows your speedo reading down.

The oil cooler scratched the paint when i refitted it, putting a Rasta Lion viny on there anyway. Cobra Snake vinyls in the post too for the side of the frame.

Handlebars getting repainted in a bit, i didnt prepare them for paint properly the 1st time. Also designing/making a chopper seat now aswell.
Still a long way to go and am happy to ride it like this for the summer. Then winter time getting stripped again, re-painted etc and do it properly. For now its all about riding as am doing my cbt on thursday
spexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #22
jayzee
Track Master

Bike: chinky dax
Re: My new Girl...cub 90

looks like its getting there
jayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
Millband
Senior

Bike: Stomp rd legal

Don't really like these bikes but I'm following the thread and I'm starting to like them carnt wait to see how it finishes of mate
Millband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #24
spexx
Super King

Now need chopper handlebars desperatley as the pit bike bars dont have the correct look anymore since i changed the front end.

Still to cut, trim and shape the front mudgaurd and paint it. Still to tidy up all wires aswell and the forks need painting too.

The bike is now generally longer and has a longer wheelbase. The front is now a hydraulic disk brake system. Front wheel is 18" with the back being the original 17". Front tyre is a bit wider than the back, so will need a phat rear tyre now.
Trying to hook up the original cdi to work the rev counter, but got the speedo working plus all indicator, neutral, high beam warning lights work. And the speedo should read the correct speed as its made for that front wheel.

Fitted these adjustable rear shocks, but how do you adjust the ride height on them I know its got something to do with the lower part of the shock but how do you get the lock pin item to move to the next notch

Got a different exhaust i'm working on now to fit on. I keep modifying instead of riding the thing.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #25
onthemove
Track Master

Bike: custom build

eveytime i see this it makes me think of all the poor cubs ii have used and abused and makes me wish i still had one. might just have to keep my eyes peeled for one. anyway looks good mate but i reckon you should get on of the pipes that goes underneath instead and cut and shut so it has the bak box just after brake pedal if that makes sense
onthemove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #26
123nathan0g
PBC Veteran

Bike: Monstermoto sxf

Not sure if i like this or not, the oil cooler deffo needs a mount at the front, would of looked nicer restored then adjustable shocks etc with a 155 almost like a sleeper
123nathan0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #27
spexx
Super King

Onthemove: That makes sense. I will prolly have a setup like that bolted on to the bike by tonight.
Nathan: I've fallen inlove with these bikes and am after another one to restore with a mental engine offcourse. Plan on keeping the legshields etc.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
jayzee
Track Master

Bike: chinky dax

looking good are you keeping that wheel on the front or putting a spoke wheel on it
jayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #29
spexx
Super King

Kinda like the star shaped one so keeping it but I was thinking of fitting a wheel cover for the rear wheel. Something like this

But cant find were to buy one, so thinking of making somethig like this off a mountain bike fit

Just finished the exhaust. Didnt fit the one i had in mind as it was too heavy. Ended up just shortening the current one so the end can is just after the footpegs. Needs to be painted black, so does the engine and forks.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #30
Tappety Tom
Wheelie King

Bike: Crf110

not to be rude what is that?? did the victorians had them after they got bord of the penny fathing
Tappety Tom is offline   Reply With Quote