Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Classifieds > Sponsors > CW Bikes

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• Welsh Pit Bikes
    Ade licking you out Callan. Marc was a twat...
  • customer feedback
    Some customer feedback since CW bikes took over lucky mx who used to be my main parts supplier i was skeptical that...
  • Graphics kit help
    Looking to purchase the following...

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
Josh_ox3
Track Master

Bike: Stomp Z125
Re: My experience with CW Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig 105 View Post
its a stomp very poor all said and done but it seems like you was happy to take hes money all £1500 and more these bikes are so cheap you could of helped him out cable bearings are next to nothing.

i wont deal with stomp after all the times there bikes ended up at my house for me to fix mark at stomp never gave me nothing.

i do have to say tho the rust on the wheel up there just shows you dont look after the bike as well as you make out.

every pit bike dealer is the same if you ask me everyone as had a problem with the dealers at some point bikes parts its hard to get it right all the time.

There's only so much you can do to prevent rust, the wheels are a low grade metal, this has only occurred in the last month, I can't hand dry the bike every day. The discs aren't rusty, the chrome on the bike isn't, but the wheels are, that to me only says one thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
I think this goes to show that issues happen with every company – and to be fair I doubt very much any company would go about swapping off a decent clutch cable, and putting on a cheaper one, as the amount of aggro over such a small saving isn’t worth it. Seems more likely it’s just a cheap bike, made from cheap parts, with a decent profit on it as road going pits are hard to get hold of so the price isn’t driven down by competition…

Wheel bearing and brake pads are notoriously rubbish on cheap Chinese bikes – just like the chain… not what you want to hear, but it is true.

The speedo is poor show though, it is a legal requirement and there is no excuse for a sealed unit to fail so soon (though if the wiring is so dodgy I imagine this isn’t helping matters).

There are two issues here, one is a poor quality bike, and the other is customer service being less than the customer expected

The reality is, pit bikes are cheap bikes, built to the lowest price possible – which is why they get such tiny warranties. If you want a warrenty, buy Japanese.

If you want a decent road legal pit, I suggest you buy a trailtec digital dash for £50 or 60, sort the wiring (solder etc), and then flog it quick.

Then use the £1000 ish you might get back towards a 2nd hand Kawasaki KSR 110. Same as a pitbike, but MILES better built.

With regards to the customer service - thats a choice for each company. Ryan air treat customers like cr@p every day, rolls royce walk on eggshells - but each company has t choose how to act and either spend the money to keep customers happy, or accept that they don't mind them being unhappy.
Yeah I know it's all cheap but after 3 months you'd still expect it to be able to pass an MOT, I doubt id get half back and I wouldn't want to put all this only another person, as they like me would have saved for a while to buy a bike and wouldn't like to end up with this on their hands, there is basic customer service, I work in retail when I'm not at college so I know this better than most people, I wouldn't turn around and tell a customer it's their fault and I can't help them as I would feel bad, let alone the fact I would have to make them feel like that too. IMO parts like the chain, disc and clutch cables should all be replaced free of charge, yet It looks like I'm going to have to spend another £30 or so fixing these parts.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
cwbikes
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr pepper View Post
What an absolute joke! Hes done nothing to help you. Personally id get on to trading standards buddy and see where you stand.
I was on ebay the other day and came across cw's ebay shop. His prices are silly and his feedback is shocking to say the least. To me that says alot about him as a tradesman. I think hes a cowboy and has no comitment to customer service. Only ever dealt with him once a few years ago when he was with stomp. If he carrys on the way he is then he wont last long.
dr p personal vendetta banned me off the forum 2 weeks ago for no reason at all.

i say no more.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #3
skippy #247
PBC Legend

Bike: stomp klx155ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbikes View Post
dr p personal vendetta banned me off the forum 2 weeks ago for no reason at all.

i say no more.
you were banned for selling a vin plate and a v5 mate, nothing to do with personal issues
Old 07-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #4
cwbikes
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy140 View Post
you were banned for selling a vin plate and a v5 mate, nothing to do with personal issues
if you gave people a chance to read i corrected the post, that i have the original frame with logbook, no warning nothing just a ban,

anyway onwards and upwards,

thanks callan
Old 07-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
skippy #247
PBC Legend

Bike: stomp klx155ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbikes View Post
if you gave people a chance to read i corrected the post, that i have the original frame with logbook, no warning nothing just a ban,

anyway onwards and upwards,

thanks callan
im not arguing about it mate, but when you first posted you didnt mention that you had the frame plus there was no pics and as a sponsor you know the rules.

feel free to repost it with pics
Closed Thread