Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Club General > Off Topic Discussion > Introductions

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Hi all, new here bit of intro. Im scott, not new to pitbikes but been out of the bike mix for last 10 years. Recently...
  • Hi
    Hi new member south wales...
  • New to it all looking for places to ride in Steven...
    Hi everyone I’m new to pit biking and hoping for some guidance around places to practice I am near Knebworth side of...

Old 22-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Timtimmy
Novice

Bike: pit bike 110cc
New member with a few questions. Would greatly appreciate your input.

Hi, not long ago a purchased a couple of pit bikes that were non-runners for the purpose of fixing up and having some fun. Progress has been pretty smooth thus far with parts being relatively easy to find and cheap, however, I'm having a little trouble with one bike.

I'm having difficulty identifying the make of one of the bikes engines. Now, admittedly I should have done my homework first and tried to identify the engine first in order to find replacement parts sould I need them...but I got a little excited and decided to just get on with trying to fix it.

The third gear is effectively non-existent so I wanted to take it apart to replace the gear cluster. However, after I had removed the engine from the frame I found that the lower engine mount on the right hand crankcase had cracked off....nice.

Then as I started to disassemble the engine I found that someone has previously tried and failed to disassemble this engine before, as the flywheel locking nut was missing and the thread on the crankshaft was mushroomed flat.....great.

So now I need a replacement right hand crankcase, crank shaft and gear cluster.......lovely.

Now the problem. I have no idea what make the engine is, and obviously I don't want to buy parts online that may or may not fit.

The engine size I'm told is a 110cc and the number on the engine is FY152FMH, which I think (after a lot of looking online) is either a lifan or a gongyu....the head on it is def gongyu.

I guess another question should be, is worth the effort in fixing or should I just buy another engine?

So, could someone be kind enough to confirm this for me/ point me in the right direction for replacement parts please?

Also does anyone have/know where I can find a loom wiring diagram for a 110cc pit bike with a 5 wire stator + electric start + key ignition/switch?

Many thanks

Timtimmy
Timtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
katoom
PBC Legend

Bike: A big pumpkin
Re: New member with a few questions. Would greatly appreciate your input.

The engine number is coming up as a Lifan.

If the thread on the crank is mushroomed bad, then it'll probably need replacing.

With the problems it has, (3rd, casing, crank) it's not really worth re building, plus the cost of gaskets and whatever you might find wrong in there.

Just keep what you can for spares and buy another, you should be able to pick one up cheap.
katoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
smify06
Wheelie King

Bike: Sunshine bus

dude just get a brand new 125or something, don at luck mx is selling them for £85

http://www.luckymx.co.uk/pit-bike-pa...oduct=11982913

dan
smify06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
Timtimmy
Novice

Bike: pit bike 110cc

Cheers guys, I looked for replacement parts and the total cost was getting pretty close to the cost of a new engine anyway. So yeh, new engine it is.

Is Lifan a crap make or something as the parts aren't that easy to find, i couldn't find any new crank cases for sell anywhere except in Australia, and that was expensive?

p.s can anyone help me with the wiring loom?

thanks

Tim
Timtimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
mingmong
Training

Bike: evo 140

Ring some of the sponsers on here, They are very helpfull.....sure you will get it sorted.
Also search for some of the wiring threads on here, Might give you some info on making one...?
mingmong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
smify06
Wheelie King

Bike: Sunshine bus

only place i have ever found that seem to have lifam parts is ooracing.
wortha a ring mate

dan
smify06 is offline   Reply With Quote