Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Club General > Off Topic Discussion > Introductions

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Hi all, new here bit of intro. Im scott, not new to pitbikes but been out of the bike mix for last 10 years. Recently...
  • Hi
    Hi new member south wales...
  • New to it all looking for places to ride in Steven...
    Hi everyone I’m new to pit biking and hoping for some guidance around places to practice I am near Knebworth side of...

Old 26-04-2019, 12:52 AM   #21
Ricfil
Novice

Re: New member here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickwales View Post
In theory there are about 3 layers of pit bike. At the top you have bucci. Basically you cannot go wrong with a bucci frame and bike as long as it hasn't been mullered if you're buying second-hand. The next layer down would have ycf, workz industries, rfz etc. Then you get to the generic things like stomp, demon ,wpb etc.
Hello again Rickwales and other people that may help. I´ve been reading about maintenance schedules, engine specs and brands and the sorts and I´m begining to get going with all the info.

One thing that still comes to mind and confuses me is the frame sizes on these bikes. I´ve read about the crf50 and crf70 frames along with the KLX frame type pitbikes. Can you tell if there are any specifics relating frames from the brands?

I´ve seen videos about pitbikes and many of them seem way diferent in size. Specially in height, frame lenght and also swing arm lenght.

For example, consider this YCF 150 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V7WV-3jvg4

And these Stomp KZR video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrqMBsnMlNY

The Stomp seems way taller and longer than the YCF. Is it based on a diferent frame? I´ve checked the Stomp website and the KZR is discontinued. And even the Stomp Z3 140 seems shorter in height than the KZR. The KZR had one massive tall rear suspension and exactly what I´m looking for in a pitbike - some height and wheel base distance to boot. Being 1.79 meters tall I would not want to feel cramped on the bike.

Is there any considerations I may take from diferent sized bikes/diferent frame sizes?) before deciding what to purchase?

Apreciate the help.

Thank you.
Ricfil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 01:09 AM   #22
Rickwales
Super King

Bike: stomp

Crf50, crf70 and CRF 110 are all progressively bigger frame sizes loosely based on the CRF range of Honda bikes. However these days there are small wheel versions. 12/14 and big wheel versions 14/17 which will obviously give you a bigger bike. Racing is restricted to 12 / 14 and there is a maximum seat height for racing as well. If you're not racing then a big wheeler will be easier to ride and a bit bigger.
Rickwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 01:53 AM   #23
Ricfil
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickwales View Post
Crf50, crf70 and CRF 110 are all progressively bigger frame sizes loosely based on the CRF range of Honda bikes. However these days there are small wheel versions. 12/14 and big wheel versions 14/17 which will obviously give you a bigger bike. Racing is restricted to 12 / 14 and there is a maximum seat height for racing as well. If you're not racing then a big wheeler will be easier to ride and a bit bigger.
Ok. Understood.

I will have the info into consideration.

Thank you.
Ricfil is offline   Reply With Quote