Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Classifieds > General Sales/Wanted

Notices

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

Old 19-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
wayne-tzr
Banned

Bike: TZR pit bike
Custom built off road quad powered by a honda CB250 engine

Here we have my custom off road quad. It started life as a Hymoto HQ110 but i deceided to make a project out of it. The main frame has been cut out to make way for the honda 250 twin cylinder engine. the frame has been custom made to fit the shape of the engine. custom enegine mounts. Full custom made underslug exhaust system 2 into 1... motard exhaust system with debaffled can. this sounds amazing!!!! i have also give the the engine a treat by doing the mikuni VM26 converstion these give a lot more power and realiabltiy. these have KnN style filters with splash gaurds in red look very nice. i have also aquired everything need to make it electric start, run lights ect ect around 70 quid worth on ebay. the engine is a geniune honda cb250 twin cylinder 6V head and polished exhaust portsand 6 speed manual. very realiable. the front fairings have been raised and the rear fairings have been cut down for a better look. the whole frame has been painted satin black, with red axel and red wish bone arms. the seat has also been recovered. The brake are standard drum brakes upfront (new shoes) and i have used a 4 pot brake on the rear for extra stopping power. Ihave loads of build pictures though out the build. This is defo not a toy and will have a very good power to weight ratio. will be over 30bhp.

just a quick run down of parts used

hymoto mod'd chassis (japanese quailty)
Honda cb250N 6V engine (japanese quailty)
Mikuni VM26 carbs jetted to suit (selling for 50 quid a pair on here and japanese quailty
KnN sytle air filters with splash gaurds very handy for a quad.
custom pit bike fuel tank
Full custom exhaust system 2 into 1 underslung into debaffled end can sounds amazing
suzuki GT750 clutch lever
oil and filter changed before fitting
rear brake has been changed from lever to foot brake
suspention has been stiffened all round.
large seat to fit 2 people on
also i will chuck in all you need to make it electric start/ run lights ect (full loom, rectifer, starter solonid, fuse board this is worth around 70 quid on here for it)

really has to be viewed to really see what a monster this is. i really dont recommend this for young people, i recomend this for experienced teenaged and up. this would suit someone who has land or have access to somewhere to play on it. with using all japanese parts it will last forever unlike chinese rip offs.

the quad is a off road only but with little effort could be made road legal.

Price is 450 quad is located in driffield east yorks
wayne-tzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
wayne-tzr
Banned

Bike: TZR pit bike
Re: Custom built off road quad powered by a honda CB250 engine

bump going on ebay soon
wayne-tzr is offline   Reply With Quote