Go Back   Pit Bike Club > Pit Bike Discussion & Reviews > Classifieds > Sponsors > CW Bikes

Latest discussions at Pit Bike Club:

• Welsh Pit Bikes
    Ade licking you out Callan. Marc was a twat...
  • customer feedback
    Some customer feedback since CW bikes took over lucky mx who used to be my main parts supplier i was skeptical that...
  • Graphics kit help
    Looking to purchase the following...

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #11
Josh_ox3
Track Master

Bike: Stomp Z125
Re: My experience with CW Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbikes View Post
joshes posts while he was unhappy with the bike and cw bikes:

I'm looking for a decent exhaust to put on my road legal Stomp Z125, I need something that doesn't wake the neighbors if possible, the stock one isn't too bad but it sounds really "throaty"... So any suggestions on exhausts?

I don't have a budget but I'm not looking to spend lots on one

How easy would it be to replace a GN120(Stomps standard engine) with a YX140 engine kit on a Stomp 125?

I assumed they have the same mounts and I wouldn't need to change anything else as the kit has the carb, cdi, kick start, etc

Would I be wrong in guessing it's essentially plug and play (breaking in the engine of course)

Thanks

Hi, so I got a Stomp Z125 (Road legal) and I thought it would be fun to ignore the road closed sign, followed a car and he stopped when he saw the flood, but I carried on, the first 10 meters didn't go past my rim, but the second half which was probably 20 metres must of come up half way of the rim (14 inch wheel) maybe higher, I was going slow making sure it wasn't splashing too much then next thing I know the bikes cut out and I've stopped.

So I get off, walk it through the water, sat on it, electrics were still working (speedo and lights)... now I know this was stupid as It could of damaged it but the air filter looked wet but nothing too bad so I tried to start it and it did first time, rode off, it bogged going into second but that might of just been the drenched air filters fault.

So what I'm asking is what could/has gone bad while doing this, I checked my oil and its a little low but theres no water in there (that I could see), when I got home I could squeeze out water from the air filter, would I need to check/clean the carb? Tomorrow I'm going to change the oil and oil the air filter again but is there anything else I should check?

Thanks in advance.

these are posts made from him, riding through floods that will explain wheel bearings, and all the rust. people just try there luck we have been going a long time to know when people are trying to get parts for free..

For a start after riding through the foot deep water I took the bike home, rinsed it off, oil the chain, drained carb, dried and oiled air filter and cleaned the bike.... I clean the bike atleast once a week, the rust you see in the pictures is from the poor quality metal, discs aren't rusty, only bolts on the disc and sprocket have rusted. The only other rust on the bike it at the light terminals and they only get wet when it rains, I also store the bike under tarpaulin overnight.

The bike was purchased end of October, it didn't arrive till the start of November... So if you count that's 3 whole months, I barely rode it for two of them as I had no speedo.... Yes we'll over a month maybe even two of no speedo, no help from you, I wasn't called once for an update on the speedo yet you kept telling me I would. I've had your clutch cable the original one, a replacement and currently I have in one from my quad bike, this one doesn't feel like yours. The ones you supplied all snapped at he top before the nipple, so it's probably the cheap Chinese shit you sell which caused this.

I'm not asking for free parts just for faulty parts to be replaced, e.g. The speedo, clutch cables, the bent front disc, crumbling brake pads, and wheel bearings. As people I've spoke to have told me they've never seen bearings mash up like mine did, that was a manufacture defect, I can send you one side of them if you like, but I probably won't as you don't offer to pay postage fees, Ive spent more than enough returning items to you.

I bought the bike to get to college and back, it's 4 miles, 4 miles doing 20 mph, I've not taken the bike off-road, I've not thrashed it either, what if I had used it for racing? Would the bike snap in half? And you'd still tell me that's wear and tear.

It's no so much the parts I'm annoyed about, it's how you've dealt with the problems, you didn't even offer replace anything, you haven't called me once to sort this out, you don't know the value of your customers till they stop doing business with you. You have poor customer service at best, I would advice people to buy from other sellers over you, maybe they treat their customers properly.

Above all most of this could be solved with a trip to the citizens advise bureau, which i will probably do in the near future as I can't currently as I'm not old enough to pursue this, you broke parts of the Distance Seller Regulations and Sale of Goods act. And I've said this before, we can resolve this, ideally I want a full refund but you're too money hungry for that. But maybe the small claims court may feel differently.

Before you start saying it's my fault the bikes breaking, it's regularly fixed by myself and my grandad, an engineer for 40+ years, and all he's told me is the parts and poor and stuff like this shouldn't happen, not on a new bike. I didn't save for a year to buy a bike that doesn't last 2 weeks before something else breaks.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #12
Josh_ox3
Track Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig 105 View Post
its a stomp very poor all said and done but it seems like you was happy to take hes money all £1500 and more these bikes are so cheap you could of helped him out cable bearings are next to nothing.

i wont deal with stomp after all the times there bikes ended up at my house for me to fix mark at stomp never gave me nothing.

i do have to say tho the rust on the wheel up there just shows you dont look after the bike as well as you make out.

every pit bike dealer is the same if you ask me everyone as had a problem with the dealers at some point bikes parts its hard to get it right all the time.

There's only so much you can do to prevent rust, the wheels are a low grade metal, this has only occurred in the last month, I can't hand dry the bike every day. The discs aren't rusty, the chrome on the bike isn't, but the wheels are, that to me only says one thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangle_kt View Post
I think this goes to show that issues happen with every company – and to be fair I doubt very much any company would go about swapping off a decent clutch cable, and putting on a cheaper one, as the amount of aggro over such a small saving isn’t worth it. Seems more likely it’s just a cheap bike, made from cheap parts, with a decent profit on it as road going pits are hard to get hold of so the price isn’t driven down by competition…

Wheel bearing and brake pads are notoriously rubbish on cheap Chinese bikes – just like the chain… not what you want to hear, but it is true.

The speedo is poor show though, it is a legal requirement and there is no excuse for a sealed unit to fail so soon (though if the wiring is so dodgy I imagine this isn’t helping matters).

There are two issues here, one is a poor quality bike, and the other is customer service being less than the customer expected

The reality is, pit bikes are cheap bikes, built to the lowest price possible – which is why they get such tiny warranties. If you want a warrenty, buy Japanese.

If you want a decent road legal pit, I suggest you buy a trailtec digital dash for £50 or 60, sort the wiring (solder etc), and then flog it quick.

Then use the £1000 ish you might get back towards a 2nd hand Kawasaki KSR 110. Same as a pitbike, but MILES better built.

With regards to the customer service - thats a choice for each company. Ryan air treat customers like cr@p every day, rolls royce walk on eggshells - but each company has t choose how to act and either spend the money to keep customers happy, or accept that they don't mind them being unhappy.
Yeah I know it's all cheap but after 3 months you'd still expect it to be able to pass an MOT, I doubt id get half back and I wouldn't want to put all this only another person, as they like me would have saved for a while to buy a bike and wouldn't like to end up with this on their hands, there is basic customer service, I work in retail when I'm not at college so I know this better than most people, I wouldn't turn around and tell a customer it's their fault and I can't help them as I would feel bad, let alone the fact I would have to make them feel like that too. IMO parts like the chain, disc and clutch cables should all be replaced free of charge, yet It looks like I'm going to have to spend another £30 or so fixing these parts.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #13
bigs#8
Super King

Bike: Two bros klx

Quote:
as for you bigs never had a positive comment of you, only quickly jumping on the ban waggon,

i do have a business to run and i have spent alot of time reviewing and commenting back. sorry my response wasnt fast enough for you.
Dude that's all I've herd is people moaning about your service and after sales
It was the same for me a while ago when I got a 1/4 turn cnc throttle and cable
Cable didn't even fit emailed phoned the lot to no response so gave up on you and got a cable from else where
A company these days is built on reputation and when I mentioned about the cw logo plastered on everything you sell (some people don't want that) you got all narky
I was always told to learn from your mistakes
I suggest you do the same
Old 07-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #14
Josh_ox3
Track Master

Quote:
with the graphics they were for crf70 i would like to see the pictures of these graphics as they didn't fit the plastics?
also you say you purchased some for 35 pounds this was not from us and that was not just the price of the graphics you must of got a full set of extra plastics also.

thanks cw bikes
Under a month of use till I had to replace with a plastic+sticker set from WPB

The new set of plastics haven't peeled at all, they were put on properly too.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #15
skippy #247
PBC Legend

Bike: stomp klx155ho

Quote:
dr p personal vendetta banned me off the forum 2 weeks ago for no reason at all.

i say no more.
you were banned for selling a vin plate and a v5 mate, nothing to do with personal issues
Old 07-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #16
cwbikes
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy140 View Post
you were banned for selling a vin plate and a v5 mate, nothing to do with personal issues
if you gave people a chance to read i corrected the post, that i have the original frame with logbook, no warning nothing just a ban,

anyway onwards and upwards,

thanks callan
Old 07-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #17
cwbikes
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs#8 View Post
Dude that's all I've herd is people moaning about your service and after sales
It was the same for me a while ago when I got a 1/4 turn cnc throttle and cable
Cable didn't even fit emailed phoned the lot to no response so gave up on you and got a cable from else where
A company these days is built on reputation and when I mentioned about the cw logo plastered on everything you sell (some people don't want that) you got all narky
I was always told to learn from your mistakes
I suggest you do the same
bigs when did you place this order? things have changed a lot at cw bikes, the brand and bikes are growing stronger everyday massive plans for the pit bike scene, hope you can let us change your mind about us over a throttle cable.

and the comment about all bad comments, thats the thing never seen you comment on the good comments, only the bad which are far between these days. look on my sponsor page and have a look

thanks callan
Old 07-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #18
skippy #247
PBC Legend

Bike: stomp klx155ho

Quote:
if you gave people a chance to read i corrected the post, that i have the original frame with logbook, no warning nothing just a ban,

anyway onwards and upwards,

thanks callan
im not arguing about it mate, but when you first posted you didnt mention that you had the frame plus there was no pics and as a sponsor you know the rules.

feel free to repost it with pics
Old 07-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #19
cwbikes
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy140 View Post
im not arguing about it mate, but when you first posted you didnt mention that you had the frame plus there was no pics and as a sponsor you know the rules.

feel free to repost it with pics
not arguing either don't mean to come across that way, gotta see my point, a little warning or a pm would of been considerate, after all i do spend good money to sponsor this site, and the pitbike scene is to small to not all get along,

thanks callan
Old 07-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #20
steve726686
Wheelie King

Bike: stomp z155 kzr

brake pads,chain,sprockets are wear and tear on a bike its like me buying a new one when I strectches asking for a replacement I mean come on be real, ive delt with callan on a few times recently and have the correct parts the next day gave me advice on the phone everything was spot on if im honest, got nothing bad to say about cw bikes at all ive had top class service and postage ,

also not to mention you do know that stomp and wpb are still stomp don't you (regarding your plastics and graphics)
Closed Thread